PDA

View Full Version : Shortest Skateboarding Run Ever...

rattekonigin
06-02-03, 10:24 AM
Beyowulf and I were out skateboarding along the waterfront path here in Kingston when (15 minutes in) we came across this itty bitty guy...My guess is that he's either a baby black rat or a baby eastern milk (?)...He was sunning himself on the asphalt of a particularly well-trafficked region of the path, so we took him home for the photos and set him loose again in a more remote area.
Anybody better able to ID him?

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/154jun01_17.jpg

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/154jun01_14.jpg

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/154jun01_13.jpg

ThEmAdHaTtEr
06-02-03, 10:29 AM
Hey cool find. You skate? Me too. Got any pics of you skating?

rattekonigin
06-02-03, 10:50 AM
Alas, I have no pics of myself skating...probably a good thing too, since I'm not very good at it, lol...I can't actually do any decent tricks. It's quite pathetic, really! Heheheh.

ThEmAdHaTtEr
06-02-03, 10:57 AM
Lol, what setup are you skating?

Shane Tesser
06-02-03, 11:13 AM
Skateboarding pm guys :) Thanks :D

Beejay
06-02-03, 12:33 PM
Not to be rude, but you shouldn't have relocated that snake. They prefer to be released in the same location...otherwise, most just don't survive.

They have their own little snake-community going on...

Anyhow, cute snake. but I don't think it's an Eastern Milksnake. It looks to me like a baby northern water snake.

Bj

snakehunter
06-04-03, 03:47 PM
right you are Beejay! i have caught hundreds of those guys, and knew right away what he was. spunky little devils!

Tim and Julie B
06-04-03, 03:56 PM
But I wanted to talk about skateboarding too! Oh well. That is a cool looking little snake. Water snake hey. So how much time do they actually spend in the water? :D

Dom
06-04-03, 09:37 PM
defenetly a water snake!

Bencb3
07-03-03, 09:22 PM
i had no idea there were so many skaters here, i too am victum to the skating influence, but it all turned out good in the end, r u in canada? cuz i over looked the copper as a us. penny, rnt they called looneys there? or is that the bill? it might just be called a penny

Invictus
07-03-03, 09:57 PM
The loonie is the $1 coin in Canada. It has a picture of a loon on the front of it. :)

Lisa
07-04-03, 01:25 AM
i'm going to have to see what's around here, we're not far from kingston right now.

Christina
07-07-03, 10:26 AM
Definately a Water Snake.
And please don't relocate snakes no matter how much you think you are doing good for it.
Snakes have their territories. In reference it would be like taking you and dropping you in the middle of a different country and say here ya go your better off.
Snakes are quite predictable and bask in certain areas, hibernate and live all within a certain region of their own making.
Christina

SCReptiles
07-07-03, 03:13 PM
I would say water snake also. There is truth in what Beejay says, but if it makes you fell any better the mortality rate for relocated babies is much less then that of relocated adults in Timber rattlesnakes. Seems the babies may be on the move anyway looking for their own range. This may be true of water snakes as well, so your little guy may be just fine.

snkmn
07-21-03, 01:04 PM
nice snake. it is so tiny. for the record i really really suck at skateing, i am a blader/herper