PDA

View Full Version : Night/day periods

Potts
05-31-03, 04:37 AM
Do you guy's/gals provide night/day cycles for your bloods? Also, what supplemets do you use? Any colour enhancements or anything along those lines? Thanks, Potts:}:confused:

Potts
06-02-03, 02:00 AM
er.....hello??.......Anyone????

Linds
06-02-03, 08:42 AM
I drop the entire ambient level down in my room at night, which does create a small night drop for them without having to tamper with the setttings on their dimmers every night. If you aren't breeding it is ok to keep your snakes on the same temperature settings day and night, but it is important that they are provided with an adequate photoperiod regardless of breeding intentions. As for supplements, I use absolutely nothing. There is no need for supplements as long as your feeding quality rodents to your blood. Well fed rodents have all the vitamains and other nutrients a snake needs. I don't believe there is anything you can give to a snake, nor would I want to, to enhance its colour. A snakes colour will be at its optimum as long as its fed properly. You can also use full spectrum lighting to illuminate all the colours better for viewing or photography.