PDA

View Full Version : sturgeon:: Dr. sydney

XxRachxX
05-29-03, 02:36 PM
do you guys know how difficult it is to photograph a sturgeon?!?!
well ill tell you......its BLOODY difficult!!!:p
here he is.....not very good pic but it will have to do! my dad and bro were building outside and the pond is covered in sawdust.....:)
his name is Dr. sydney, he's about 12" long at the mo:)

Darlene
05-29-03, 05:18 PM
Got a good pic tho , tks.

Shane Tesser
05-30-03, 07:03 PM
Hey..thanks for showing us that rach..ive been dying to see it..very cool...how did you guys manage to get one? kinda rare in my area!

XxRachxX
05-30-03, 08:36 PM
the are two decent shops around here, one is about 1 min down the road, theyve always had pretty good looking sturgeon, but my dad never seemed to impressed with theyre pond knowledge....plus they were probably overpriced! (and theyre all cocky gits who run the place....)
theres another shop about 15 mins away and its like walking into fish heaven! i love it! they had about 20 or so of the lil dudes just in and 3 or 4 huuuuuge ones about 1 meter long:) he only cost £20 my lil bargain buddy!
even though i dont see much of him, i love him to bits!! i highly recommend:)
they have cute little rubbery noses!! ^_^

Crusty
06-22-03, 10:54 PM
hey that's a really cool fish

XxRachxX
06-23-03, 05:00 PM
well......as cool as he is/was....... im sorry to say......he kicked the bucket!! the weather just went crazy and it was really hot! (not good for sturgeons apparently) then the air pump died!!! so heat + lack of oxygen= dead fish... and we found him floundering around gasping for air....we fixed it.... fish lived .....died a few days after! i miss him! it was my routine to go out in the morning to look for him!! :( .....ah well......
the other fish are fine though.... thank god!

XxRachxX
06-23-03, 05:05 PM
oops.....