PDA

View Full Version : Another new snake - copperhead!

Matt
05-28-03, 01:58 PM
I know, I know, Im going camera crazy with my new snakes, I apologize....but i love these guys too
This is one of my new Broad-banded Copperheads!

thanks!

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/510/20copper2.jpg

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/510/20copper1.jpg

Tim and Julie B
05-28-03, 02:30 PM
That was the number one snake to look out for on my Grandfather's property in Texas. Copperheads were by far the most comman venomous snake. To this day they are still one of my favorites. Matt please do go camera happy!:D

alex_33
05-28-03, 02:34 PM
Thats one beautfiul snake! Great pictures too!

BWSmith
05-28-03, 03:13 PM
Broadbands are on of my favorites. I had to get me 1.3 at Columbia last year :)

ETET
05-28-03, 05:06 PM
Very nice pics Matt! They start eating already?

ETET

Gregg M
05-28-03, 06:29 PM
Hey Matt, You better save you cash for Hamburg...... LOL..... Awsome copper dude........ What kind of camera are you using???? I gotta get me one of those......

Matt
05-28-03, 06:45 PM
ETET, i got 2 of them to eat already, but the others have not eaten yet, im working on it!

Gregg, Olympus c3020, i love that camera, its been good to me
...and i got plenty of cash for Hamburg man :D lookin' forward to it

BoidKeeper
05-28-03, 06:49 PM
Holly smokes it looks mean! I never thought I'd ever say that about a herp but there it is! Still great looking though Matt!
Congrats,
Trevor

Mason
05-29-03, 12:16 PM
real good lookin snake. Happy to see such a clear closeup. I was looking for something else and came accross this, and thought of you;

http://www.arachnophiliac.com/burrow/copperhead_care.htm

best of luck

stevesemerko
05-29-03, 02:38 PM
That is one gorgeous snake! I love hots but unfortunately I can't keep em:( 1. because of my inexperience and 2. because where I live there is a complete ban on them. This summer I am hoping to hook up with a herpetologist in Arizona who specializes in rattlesnakes (my favourite) and he is going to take me under his wing and show me the ropes. I hope that after a couple years learning I can move somewhere where I can keep em and get myself a blacktailed rattlesnake or copperhead.

Sorry I got off topic...awesome copperhead Matt!

Steve

Colonel SB
05-29-03, 06:36 PM
Wow she is sweet, I'm looking at getting into hot would a copperhead make a good first hot?

Sean_.E.
05-29-03, 06:37 PM
Nice copperhead! I love the broad bands! Good luck with the lil' bugger!

yankeefoxtrot
05-29-03, 06:47 PM
Man.......he is a cool lookin little guy..would not wanna run into him in a dark alley though......geh....congrats on him though.

Lucas out

NewLineReptile
05-29-03, 06:56 PM
Geat pic's Matt that's a very clean looking snake

Matt
05-30-03, 07:56 AM
thanks all

Colonel SB, although i would advocate getting alot of experience with a mentor or someone that has been doing hots for a long time, and getting comfortable with the equipment and the requirements, then after that...........yes copperheads are a good first hot snake to begin with
My first hot was a southern copperhead and still one of my favorites!

JD@reptiles
05-30-03, 08:02 AM
What a cute snake. i want one of those :)... maybe when i move out or own my zoo:P. enjoy your new "pet". :D

Jordan

Colonel SB
05-30-03, 08:07 AM
I live in SW Ont. do you know anyone who is lookin for an apprentice or somewhere I can lern. I've had experiance with deadly animals in the past nothing like a viper mind you but I have kept the 6 most dealy scopions, as well as a pair of colombian bananna spiders and a wide assortment of tarantulas.

Matt
05-30-03, 12:23 PM
i dont know any hot keepers in london or around that area, sorry.

im sure if you ask around someone will be willing to help you out :)

Colonel SB
05-30-03, 12:30 PM
I hope so, thanks for all the help.

chas*e
06-13-03, 10:17 PM
OK looking snakes wish I had some one day...

Matt
06-14-03, 01:29 PM
keep dreaming buddy j/k :D