PDA

View Full Version : pleco color change??

snakemann87
05-26-03, 07:18 PM
hey, i got my pleco 2 days ago and he was very dark, now he has a pattern of white and brown, almost circles . is this good or bad?

Tinytim12333
05-26-03, 09:35 PM
less light the darker he will be, more light the lighter.

Shane Tesser
05-27-03, 03:27 AM
All fish change colour depending on the conditions that they are in...and wether or not they are happy. It all depends on which plec it is, and which pattern he is suppose to be.

snakemann87
05-27-03, 08:20 AM
Tim: I had light on them ever since i got them?? so there is no difference in the amount of light.
Shane: He is just a normal Plecostomas? i know there are differnet kinds but mine is just a normal one my neighbor said. Or the most common Im guessing?

Tim and Julie B
05-27-03, 09:10 AM
They will change when stressed. More then likely it was stressed from the move. Now that it has settled in it probably has it's true colors!

snakemann87
05-27-03, 12:01 PM
Ok Im glad to here thats he's not stressed anymore, its exciting ecspecially since its my first real aquarium(meaning I've had little beta tanks and a goldfish).

17730turtlegirl
06-11-03, 12:35 PM
MY PLECO DOES THAT ALL THE TIME ITS PRETTY COOL TO WATCH DID YOU KNOW THAT IF U PICK THEM UP WHILE CLEANING THE TANK THEY WILL BUZZ AND VIBRATE? make sure u take them out of the tank before u clean or reorganize it because i cant count the times i have accidentally burried mine. the first time i did it he was missing for 4 days and i got worried and started digging in the graval for him and guess what? he popped up and went right back to eating!!!!!! plecos r really neat!!!