PDA

View Full Version : woo! fishies!

XxRachxX
05-21-03, 11:00 AM
well we went to do some fish shopping:)
about 10 days ago (i think) we bought some swordtails! we have 1.1 white pearlescant (sp) swordtails with orange fins called cutlas and penelope and two female marbled black ones called stavros and gustav:) hehe male names i know.......but my bro named em!
today ive bought 4 gouramis. 1.1 red dwarf g's and 1.1 normal? dwarf g's?
personally im starting to think we've rushed it a little.....
our nitrates are about 5 ph is about 7.6 nitrites are about 0.03 ammonia is ok too.......
is that ok?
ive also bought a sturgeon for our koi pond! we've called him Dr. sydney! cute
im going to try upload photos later but im affraid our tank isnt very interesting at the moment......looking a bit bare!

corr
05-21-03, 12:19 PM
Congrats on the new fishies! :)

All your readings are fine but keep monitoring them for a few days. That's a lot of fish at once.

Shane Tesser
05-21-03, 10:02 PM
Congrats!!! Looks like you made some good choices as far as begginer fish go...i to am a little worried you are over stocked..more so when the gouramis start to grow....but for now everything seems okay :) Just make sure if you have a glass cover..or anykind of cover there is oxygen at the top of the tank for the gouramis...they will go up for air regularily :D

XxRachxX
05-22-03, 04:18 AM
my "rescources" say that they wont grow any larger than 3" , theyre about 2"/ 2 1/2" so i didnt think it would be that bad? PLUS my dad insisted on getting a pair of them for himself..so...its his fault!!o>
i do have a couple of spare tanks........so if it becomes a problem could i move some of them into those for a while? till it all gets settled and stuff?

Emily-Fisher
05-22-03, 05:06 AM
Ooh! Congrats! Wow...in the four years of fish keeping, I've never had that many fish at once! You must have a big tank! I love swordtails...they are so beautiful! Zebra Danios and neon tetras are sill my favorite freshies. Oh! And pleckos! I used to have a yellow spotted plecko and a blue spotted plecko :) They are great! :D

Shane Tesser
05-22-03, 06:58 AM
The ones i was thinking about getting big were the gouramis that you listed a normal? What do these look like?

corr
05-22-03, 08:04 AM
I think the blue (three spot) Gourami gets up to 6 inches, doesn't it?

XxRachxX
05-22-03, 11:48 AM
its a dwarf gourami.....i have a red one.....which is labeled as a red type dwarf gourami and a normal dwarf gourami they max out at about 2" apparently....... i say normal cuz at the stores ive been to theyre just called dwarfs....the red ones just a "morph"
http://www.thetropicaltank.co.uk/Fishindx/dwrfgour.htm
your'e all saying i had them all at once.......i left it about 10 days before adding the gouramis.....:)