PDA

View Full Version : King Snake habitat

Jotun
06-17-02, 04:40 PM
Hello, I'm new the forums and fairly new to reptile hobby. I began work at a privately owned pet shop and purchased a beautiful black and white California kingsnake and I have some concerns. My first question is how big of a tank will it need in the future. Right now it's in a 20L critter cage and I was told it was going to eventually need a 40L aquarium with a clamped top. Also should I keep the heat lamp on from the moment I wake up around 8 AM until I go to bed around 12 AM. Right now that's what I'm doing and at night turning on the substrate heater. One last cage question and that's the general set up. Right now i have a fairly big piece of grapevine in the middle of the cage with a rock den under the heat lamp and over the substrate heater along with a wooden Habba Hut in the shade next to a corner dish of water. Any help would be appreciated.

- Rick

sSNAKESs.com
06-17-02, 05:04 PM
Jotun, here is a really informative care sheet and shows a nice setup for a kingsnake as well! just click here...

http://www.geocities.com/kingbones7/caresheet.html

Hope this helps! :D

Jotun
06-17-02, 05:08 PM
Thanks alot that was very helpful, do you happen to have any pictures of a ball python enclosure?