PDA

View Full Version : Caimine lizards any info?

Nicky
06-16-02, 04:57 PM
Today when I was flipping channels I came across A channel with some guy holding up an amazing looking lizard it had the body of a croc the head of a moniter and a snakes tounge it was awsome. Being overly oppssed with reptiles like most of u, I watched. He then said it was a caimine lizard.
So I have a few questions first can you keep these as pets? If so How bog do they get I need as much info as possible id anyone has some would you care to share? length,housing,food,pics,tips so on
thanks

Nicky
06-16-02, 05:01 PM
opps sorry It was an alligator lizard got confused sorry

memento
06-16-02, 05:10 PM
wh00p
firstly i'n new here.. so ello :)
you saw it on the jeff corwin expereince? animal planet chn?
heh i saw it to.. but am at work and have to keep the volume off so i didnt even catch the name of it.. but ya that looks really interesting...

Jeff_Favelle
06-16-02, 05:16 PM
We got tons of them out here. I used to catch some yellow-phase ones too!!! It was crazy. I haven't seen the yellow ones for years though. It was weird, because the yellow ones were right near a colony/locality of pure melanistic garter snakes as well!! They were cool looking too! Pure black with a faint blue line down the back. Absolutely crazy. I'll try to catch one this summer!

jason h
06-17-02, 06:10 AM
does anyone have a pic id luv to see whatt it looks like?:confused:

Brian Petersen
06-17-02, 08:18 AM
yep....got one but canīt remember where i got it from.......so donīt hate me if itīs from somebody you know or itīs yours.

Brian

jason h
06-17-02, 06:28 PM
hey thats cool looks like a cross between an iguana and a tegu neet!!:eek:

memento
06-18-02, 03:22 PM
incase anyone was interested someone is selling these in the mississauga area:

http://www.kingsnake.ca/forum/lizards/messages/776.html

Tom P
06-18-02, 03:36 PM
that guy almost doesn't look real!! Very Cool.

Tom P

Sean_.E.
06-18-02, 04:19 PM
Hi,

Alligator lizards and Caimen lizards are two different things! The one in the picture is a caimen lizard. Caimen lizards are large and monitor like. The only one I have seen for sale was one thousand dollars american $1000.oo. Alligator lizard on the other hand are a skink like lizard. They are fairly small in size and are not nearly as exspensive. I have seen them for $50 Canadian.

I think Caimen lizards are AMAZING! But alligator lizards are cool too!

Sean.E.

Jotun
06-18-02, 04:41 PM
yeah there's an alligator skink at the store and it looks AWESOME. Amazing rose colour with the scales that resemble well an Alligator! Definitely a cool lizard :D

memento
06-19-02, 03:24 PM
doh i'm a tard.. ignore this post.

AzR@k
06-19-02, 03:31 PM
Sorry to do this adam but the pic is of a Caimen Lizard... this link will prove it http://www.reptilereview.com/lizards.html
as for prices i am not to sure of those.