PDA

View Full Version : Is This Stupid Or What

backdraft1320
06-15-02, 09:30 PM
The albino form of the Corn Snake, or Red Rat Snake, Elaphe guttata guttata, was recently allowed by the regulation to be sold or possessed in New Jersey. Keep in mind however, that no other form of this endangered species can be used commercially, or possessed for non-commercial reasons without the proper permit, or transferred to another individual in this state without authorization from this office. Also, breeding of albino Red Rat Snakes in not recommended due to the possibility of producing individuals with a normal colored appearance. These would not be legal to possess and problems could result. Only clearly and completely albino specimens of this species are allowed for sale and possession.

Jeff_Favelle
06-16-02, 01:01 AM
Since when are corns endangered??

backdraft1320
06-16-02, 01:15 AM
ONLY IN NEW JERSEY BECAUSE IM SURROUNDED BY A GOOFY LOCAL GOVERNMENT.:confused:

Jeff_Favelle
06-16-02, 01:32 AM
I'm gonna come over there and we can take care of business, Canadian-style!!

backdraft1320
06-16-02, 10:23 AM
i'm with ya my state needs an A$$ whooping lol

Jeff_Favelle
06-16-02, 10:31 AM
Ha ha!

Dom
06-16-02, 04:06 PM
I agree with you on that one!

is there really such a thing as an endangered corn snake?

backdraft1320
06-16-02, 04:12 PM
I GUESS ONLY IN THE WRONG HANDS

reverendsterlin
07-06-02, 09:56 PM
the problem in NJ and several other states is a matter of conservation. Problem= corns breed easily and often. Most of these states are trying to protect the native genepool. What happens when an okeetee or miami is is outbred to another type= no more okeetee or miami in the F1 or ANY following generations. Take a suri boa and breed it to a Bci the F1 and decendents are not suri's, just as a pewter is not a corn but an outcross in most cases. At least some F2 from an amel escape will be easy to identify as will the amel in the wild. Restricting the animal is preferable to me over restricting the keeper. IMHO
Sterling

ReneeB
07-07-02, 07:20 AM
Did they ever think of what ALBINO means??

If they did then you could have Anerys, Amels, and Snows.
Albino is lacking pigment.

Anerys lack the red
Amels lack the blacks
Snows lack both red and black

so if you what to pull a techinicality on the governement you could..

Unless the law CLEARLY states albinos as amels, you could have any of the above.

Jotun
07-07-02, 10:18 AM
Release a 20 ft albino burmese into the gov building and show them an albino they'll have some real trouble with ;)

PetCrazy
08-01-02, 08:03 PM
LOL Interesting concept there JOTUN
I think they'd ban all snakes then...
after they soiled their pants