PDA

View Full Version : Herpin' in Peterborough

stevesemerko
05-08-03, 07:36 AM
Does anyone here know any decent spots to herp in Peterborough (Ontario Canada). I know of a few but just wanted to see if there were any more.

Thanks

Steve

Jayson
05-10-03, 06:00 PM
Im not sure of many areas right in the peterborough area but I live just 40 min north of peterborough near the petroglyphs park (not sure of the spelling) and on or near my property i have found snakes like Eastern milk,Northern red bellies, garters, Northern ribbon,Northern waters, Smooth greens,Eastern hognoses and five lined skinks. Also many turtles. I am also always looking for new areas to hunt aswell. Would like to find every sp. native to Ontario in Ontario. Jason Sharpe

JD@reptiles
05-10-03, 06:12 PM
its better than mississauga. there are plety of fields and forests there. just look around, you will fine some good spots ;).

Jordan :)

markonen
05-11-03, 02:33 PM
I am by no means a Peterborough native, but from going there as a child I recall that there is some prime habitat there.

Swampwalker
05-13-03, 11:46 PM
Steve
What have you been able to find so far in Peterborough? Have you tried Burnham Woods? Its great in the spring for garters, and I have seen several breeding groups there and also know of 3 hibernaculum entrance sites there.

stevesemerko
05-15-03, 09:45 AM
I have only found garters, leopard frogs, toads, and painted turtles. I haven't tried Burnham yet but I have wanted to for a long time only problem is that I don't have a vehicle.