PDA

View Full Version : Another pic.....

Gregg M
05-05-03, 12:14 AM
http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/1298timber1.jpg

Gregg M
05-05-03, 12:17 AM
http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/1298timber2.jpg I dont know why I came out so red in this pic........

BWSmith
05-05-03, 06:59 AM
Man, you are red! No wonder you find so many, they see that mug and come out to bask on your forehead ;)

Makes my feet hurt just looking at that pile of rocks!

Gregg M
05-05-03, 07:31 AM
When you are on those rocks The last thing you worry about is your feet hurting from walking....... LOL...... If you dont wear snake guards here you are crazy.......LOL....... Seriously this is one place you need to watch every move you make....... Between 11 and 2 o'clock is the best time to go at this time of year....... You literaly just sit and watch them come out of those rocks...... I catch timbers, coppers, black rats, northern pines, and a ton of garters at this one spot but it is mostly just timbers....... I wish my friend mark didnt burn two rolls of film on this one timber...... But I guess it was worth it being that you hardly ever find blond phases here......

Jeremy
05-05-03, 08:24 AM
Im curious, do you go out with a feild boilogist, wildlife officers or anyone else regulated to herp the above mentioned sp in NJ? If not, be very carefull! Horridus and even more so, pinesnakes are extreamly protected in the state and it is a big no no to even get a hook on one. Supposedly, wildlife officers are very knowledgeable of these laws and many people I have talked with have been stoped and harrased. Just an FYI in case you arent going out with permitted individuals or if you arent permited yourself.

BTW, cool find! I too have a great spot for timbers, in PA actually, were freinds have caught up o 30 in a day and over 50 mokasen!! I have to try and get back up there soon! Your litteraly triping over the snakes in that area.

All the best,
Jeremy

Gregg M
05-05-03, 08:44 AM
Well the land I herp on is owned by the company I work for...... So it is private land....... There are no wildlife officers there so I have no worries....... I am not collecting, I am just taking pics...... I do know that in other parts of the state even the town police are very strict and will give tickets....... I have been going to this spot for close to 9 years and have never been messed with once....... Lucky me....... LOL......

Gregg M
05-05-03, 08:50 AM
Jeremy,
We may have to get together and herp one day...... Let me know when you are in the area........ I take you to my spot and you take me to yours......LOL....... But when you come to my spot we go back to my friends house after herping and have a bar-b-que and drink some beer....... It is pretty cool....... We make a whole day out of it......... We do this every couple of weekends.......

BWSmith
05-05-03, 08:58 AM
"I'll show you mine if you show me yours" LOL

Gregg M
05-05-03, 09:06 AM
Sounds like a deal Brian..... LOL

Jeremy
05-05-03, 09:07 AM
Thats it BW, im outa here!!!!

:-)