PDA

View Full Version : Linds, advice with feeding Rosy

Wrath
06-14-02, 03:49 PM
Hey Linds, ok on feeding Dozer, my Rosy Boa.... When I feed him that little fuzzy, I swear he is still hungry. He looks around and gets very active after eating.

I know that it's the perfect size because he can barely get it down, I don't want to break him. It's about the same width if not just a little bit smaller than he is.

Should I be feeding him 2 fuzzies? And if I feed him 2 of them, should I get smaller ones? I just don't want him to regurgitate. What are the guidelines on feeding my Rosy multiple fuzzies/pinkies?

Also, how often should i feed him? I was feeding him every 5 days, but now I don't know. I feel bad because like I said I think he is still hungry right after he eats. Sometimes I feed him every 7 days, I'm not really sure if that's ok. (I try to be a good mommy)

Or is he just a glutton? I read somewhere that Rosys have a propensity to become obese. He is not obese, I know I don't over feed him, I just wonder if I underfeed him.

Thanks!

Linds
06-14-02, 04:13 PM
What you are feeding him sounds fine. Rosy's do have more sensitive digestive systems than many other species making them more prone to regurgitation. It could be that he is still in feeding mode, but not necessarily in need of another meal. It often takes snakes 20 minutes or so after they eat to snap out of that mode.

If you wanted you could feed two smaller meals (that when combined would be equivalent of no larger than the largest part of his girth). But I think one larger meal would be ok. Though in most cases you can feed meals that are slightly larger than the snakes girth with no problems, that shoiuld be avoided when feeding rosy boas.

Happy feeding :flick: