PDA

View Full Version : Good herps here? Video...

Leo-Land
05-03-03, 09:46 AM
<embed src="http://www.leo-land.net/outside.wmv" autostart="false">

What good herps can I find in a place like this? This is my backyard in FL. I know I can find racers and ring necks! What else tho?

crimsonking
05-03-03, 10:59 AM
Well Jeff, without knowing exact locale,(I assume in central FL) and how close to any water, I would say at times just about any snake occurring in the area could be found around you. Rats (yellow and red), scarlet kings,scarlet snakes, pine woods snakes, various water snakes, garters and ribbons, possibly mud snakes if near a permanent water supply. The list is long and don't forget to be careful of the hots! Most notably cottonmouths and corals. As for lizards, the FL. scrub lizard may be nearby, s.e. 5 lined skinks, ground skinks, and anoles. Southern toads, oak toads,bull frogs,leopard frogs, etc. I'm sure you'll find many over the summer. Good luck!
:Mark

Leo-Land
05-03-03, 01:30 PM
Thanks.. I should take a short vid of the place where the indigos are! I will do that tomorrow, so you can see. And maybe I'll find 1.

Beejay
05-03-03, 05:54 PM
It looks like a fun place to herp, Leo-Land. Are there any water tables in your yard? Pond/swamp? There are more than snakes to be found!

Bj

Dozer
05-06-03, 01:32 PM
Thats a sick back yard !!!

Leo-Land
05-06-03, 01:50 PM
Why is it sick? That's just the beggining of it.... I goes like that for 4 more acres! hahaha

nicola_boulton
05-06-03, 02:13 PM
you are sooooooo lucky. I would kill 4 a herp heaven like that in my back yard!!!!

asphyxia
05-06-03, 02:46 PM
Sick means cool, kinda like bad means good,

if ya know what I mean
Brian

Leo-Land
05-06-03, 04:10 PM
I see.. All of you crazy kids....