PDA

View Full Version : Pelee Island Trip May 17-19 is a go

Jeff Hathaway
05-03-03, 07:40 AM
Hi everyone

Officially, we are now on for the May long weekend Pelee Island trip. This year it is May 17-19. We'll be doing various habitat restoration projects related to herps, and spending time in the field looking for them! Trip reports from last year can be found at www.mcwetboy.net/pelee2002.

Planned activities include hibernacula, nesting site, and basking site construction, exotic vegetation removal, a herp survey of the Wilds of Pelee (where we will be camping), and field trips to various spots on the island such as Fish Point, Lighthouse Point, and Stone Road Alvar.

Species which have been seen in the past include pretty much everything on the island: blue racers, fox snakes, Lake Erie watersnakes, garters (including melanistics), brown snakes, painted, snapping and Blanding's turtles (there are maps as well, and the odd spiny softshell sighting), smallmouth salamanders, american toads, bullfrogs- am I missing any???

This year's trip should be similar, and costs should be similar as well. Final costs will be determined once we know exactly how many people are coming, etc. Last year, people who met us at the ferry dock paid $60, and those who rode in the van with me paid $85.

I have some space in the van for people who need a ride. Please let me know ASAP if you would like a seat (yes, I know some of you already have, but please send me another email about it so I don't have to search through my inbox). Other car pooling possibilities are likely as well.

Please let me know if you are planning to come, and if you know of anyone else who might be interested, feel free to let them know.

Thanks,

Jeff Hathaway
Sciensational Sssnakes!!

JD@reptiles
05-03-03, 02:50 PM
http://www.mcwetboy.net/pelee2002/

That link might work a little better :)

Beejay
05-03-03, 05:50 PM
Hey Jeff :) I sent you the e-mail but I wanted everyone to know how HAPPY THIS MAKES ME!!

LOL

Cya soon!

Bj xox