PDA

View Full Version : Whats best?

Kathy
06-13-02, 05:43 PM
I am going to get a mex kingsnake, but first I have to decide what to house it in.

I was thinking a 33-40 gal glass aquarium, but would an actual enclosure be better? One with sliding glass doors at the front and all that fun stuff. What would be best for the snake, and easier on my wallet? I want to get the best snake I can, but I'm not up to dishing out a lot of cash for a snake house.

Thanks

morph
06-13-02, 06:41 PM
Yes everyone wants the best snake possible but you really have to make sure it has the best enclosure possible or at least the proper enclosure by that I mean heat gradiant and hidesnot the actual container. Just because it works doesn't mean it has to be expensive either. Please make sure if you are getting the best snake you can to take care of it the best you can.

Good luck and ask any specifics you desire as there is plenty of useful opinions on here:cool:

sSNAKESs.com
06-13-02, 06:47 PM
for a milksnake a glass aquarium is fine :) they dont need extreme humidity etc, so i think that would be perfect :)

jason h
06-13-02, 07:14 PM
i agree with jeff aquariams will work fine and there not very expensive though the screen lid will cost about as much as the tank and they are heavy so pic out where you are gonna put it before ya bring it home ....LOL

gunnerslakeshor
06-13-02, 09:57 PM
I,d go with a Glass Aqaurium there easy to keep clean, provide a good safe home (get a lid that locks) damn escape artists.lmao
Im still looking for my desert phase king .lol
And they provide a easy clear view of your new pet.
Best of luck with your choice
Phil

Kathy
06-15-02, 09:44 AM
Yea I've currently got some aquariums with lids, not near big enough though (they are housing little lizards). 33gal big enough for a Mex Black Kingsnake, or should I go for the 40? Wouldn't want my new pet to be cramped or anything.

Thanks for your help
Kathy

Joe
06-15-02, 10:50 AM
33 gal is lots of room dont waist your money on a larger aquarium
Joe & Melissa

Shane Tesser
06-16-02, 10:02 PM
Just get Jeff to make you one......five hours you say, huh Jeff, lol.

sSNAKESs.com
06-16-02, 10:22 PM
Shane ask your sister what me and her threw together today in about 45 minutes... ill post pics tommorow! ;)

Jeff_Favelle
06-17-02, 09:53 AM
What kind of site is this!!????

Heh heh...

sSNAKESs.com
06-17-02, 02:36 PM
LMAO!!