PDA

View Full Version : showin' off

silke
04-28-03, 09:07 AM
i got a whole bunch of plants for my tank this weekend and i just had to show off ;) http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=7057&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Tim and Julie B
04-28-03, 09:43 AM
That is a great tank! I have always wanted a live planted tank but my fish will eat everything I put in there like an aquatic salad bar. Good job with the placement of the plants.

silke
04-28-03, 03:02 PM
i'm not sure if the plants in the front right corner will do well there since they may need more light....i'll have to see
i was hoping to get some female endler guppies to breed with the males i now have and figured lots of hiding places would be needed for the fries
now that i finally have another male silver molly for my 6 females i'm sure i'll have more babies in no time

marisa
04-28-03, 03:04 PM
Wow really nice!!!

I set up a live planted tank myself recently (two weeks old) and I am hoping it will do well, yours looks really great!

Good luck with the guppies. I actually had a toss up between Endlers and fancies. I choose fancies but those endlers are so cute!

Marisa

Shane Tesser
04-28-03, 03:19 PM
Looks great Silke...the tank looks very well maintained :D

silke
04-28-03, 03:20 PM
yes they sure are... i have contacted a coupla people to maybe get some females in
if i produce any babies i will definitely post and let you have some if you'd like marisa :)

silke
04-28-03, 03:22 PM
thanks shane :)
i was told to do water changes with distilled or RO water instead of treated tap water which has made a HUGE difference
the fish look a lot happier now