PDA

View Full Version : gabby pic

moperri
04-26-03, 08:17 PM
Just sharing a picture of my pretty gaboon.

Mike177
04-26-03, 08:45 PM
WoW! she is a beautiful. how old is she

BWSmith
04-26-03, 09:18 PM
Buddy just got in about 30 baby gabs and rhinos today. I amazes me how readily available they have become. It is scary when i can get a baby Gab for $25 and a baby Rhino for $50.

But they are still some of my favorites. Gotta love Bitis! ;)

ETET
04-26-03, 10:47 PM
A very nice eastern gabby! Is it the enclosure you keep the gabby?

ETET

moperri
04-26-03, 11:06 PM
she is about 2 yeras old I will try breeding her next year.

And yes that's her home

Tim and Julie B
04-27-03, 12:42 AM
Every time I see one it always amazes me. Such color and pattern. They have to be right up there for the best looking snake. Deffinatly my fav. Hot (That I have seen yet). $25 US that is scary! Do they breed easy so they are readily available?

Gregg M
04-27-03, 07:09 AM
They breed very easily........ They are quite a prolific snake...... If you know the tricks of breeding bitis they can be the easiest snakes to breed........ Plus a big female can have as many as 40 babies........ The ones for 25 to 50 bucks are not realy captive born....... They are still imported from Africa....... They are ranched..... The adults are kept in big outside cages....... The babies come in with the same problems as wild caught gaboons and rhinos........ If you want to see what real captive born gaboons look like, take a look at some of my photos...... You will see a huge difference....... That is a really nice eastern...... Awsome colors........ I gotta get some easterns........ I do like westerns better for a few reasons........ I think the pattern is much sharper in westerns and westerns get much bigger......

Atheris Hispida
04-27-03, 08:47 PM
WOW!! she is a VERY pretty snake..gaboons are one of mfavorite snakes i just wish that i could acctually see one in real life..but when i become real good with ven's i will be sure to own a gaboon.and once again AWESOME snake

Mike177
04-30-03, 09:09 AM
i had a dream that i kepet a gabby in my bathroom shelf. and it kepet on getting out and i had to get it. pretty stupid dream hu?