PDA

View Full Version : hm...

Zoe
04-25-03, 06:51 PM
I didn't realize this picture would stir up this much dirt, so I editted my post. I think our opinions on venomoids are understood so I don't think debating about it will do much good.

I was really just curious if anyone know the deal behind that picture, because cobra behaviour has always interested me.

Zoe

alex_33
04-25-03, 06:55 PM
my guess is, that that is probably a venomoid, if not thats jsut plain stupidity

Zoe
04-25-03, 06:57 PM
GR *hates the idea of venomoids*

They only stand like that and flap out their necks (forgive lack of technical terms) when they are angry, correct?

Zoe

BWSmith
04-25-03, 07:12 PM
it is a venomoid

marisa
04-25-03, 07:37 PM
Hey even venomoids need a place to live if the previous home didn't want it anymore. Maybe that is the situation in the photo above. No reason for them to be further punished than the loss of their venom. A good home is the least someone can do.

I have seen this photo before and I beleive the scenario above is the case. Although I may be thinking of another photo.

Marisa

reptilesalonica
04-25-03, 07:44 PM
This is Kira, she keeps venomoids quite a long time. We cannot judge from one picture. Maybe the fungs are removed, maybe this cobra has accept her as the dominant "male" cobra, maybe this photo is edited with photoshop...who knows...
~Greg~

BWSmith
04-25-03, 08:21 PM
I know. I know the who itis and the entire story behind it.

reptilesalonica
04-25-03, 08:29 PM
I think i can guess from BWSmith's sentence...:)

BWSmith
04-25-03, 08:43 PM
It IS a venomoid. It was posted before on another site. It got WAYYYYY out of hand for both her and the dealer she works for. I do not wish to see anything of the like happen again. While I don't agree with her or the dealer she works for (which I have never liked the dealer and voiding snakes nails it down), there is no need for a repeat of the unpleasantness. Thus I will not offer the story, her name, or the dealer's name and ask that this just work it's way to the bottom.

I will fight against venomoids to my last breath, but willnot contribute to raising the issue of this pic again. She is mearly an employee.

Mike177
04-25-03, 09:41 PM
people who try to make snakes that are venoumus vonomid is so os so stupid. people shouldnt try to make "pets" out of venoumus snakes.

BWSmith
04-25-03, 10:20 PM
I would respectfully ask that those that wish to discuss venomoids further, please add to this thread (http://www.ssnakess.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11721) . There is alot of good opinions there and information. Definately worth a read and I would love to see some more opinions (either way).