PDA

View Full Version : Baby Goldfish

Shane Tesser
06-09-02, 08:27 PM
Just a little pic of one of my newest addition to my fish collection. This is my one month old baby goldfish. I hope this pic sends, it has got to be the hardest fish pic ive ever tried to capture. Okay i lied, Jeff got the pic for me this a.m. This little guys mother is a four year old orange maranda, and the father is of equal age and is a black moore. Im not really a goldfish fan for the most part, the parents are kept in a 35 gallon tank that i use to raise sword plants in. The fish are merely there for fertilizer, but they must like their surroundings due to the fact that they left this little guy/girl for me. And no, before you ask, his tail was not chewed off, the missing section just adds to his character. Lets see some more pic's of everyones tanks, etc. s.t.

marisa
06-09-02, 10:03 PM
I would but all my fish mysteriously DIED today.

I am seriously questioning my roomates about foul play. They all die in one day? yeah right!

anyways,....lol....

marisa

Shane Tesser
06-10-02, 07:57 AM
Which ones, the puffers etc, all of them, how many are we talking about here? None of the following happened:, a skyrocket in ph level either up or down, heater going way out of control, disease...any of them not look right?, soap, nothing has been clean in the last couple of days, nothing that would involve soap right. I hope your not serious about your room mates that would be totally awful. I hope its not true, ill have to come down there and kick some serious anti-animal lovers $#%. s.t. P.s., im very sorry, please respond with all the info you can and i along with everyone else will see if we can help you pin point the problem.

Shane Tesser
06-10-02, 08:49 AM
I sat and had breakfast and the whole time went through everything i know about the hobby in my head as to what would cause such a disaster. There is probably a million things. Here is another piece of advice. A little whacky but advice. Alot of people rush out and buy expensive water test kits that tell you pretty near everything. But lets just say someone did decide to play a cruel joke. While these test kits my show certain elements as having high levels, they will not pin point an exact chemical compound ie bleach. So here is what i suggest. If you look in the phone book, or call your town hall there is water testing that is available to people with wells. They usually require a small sample, and will give you a detailed print out of any and all chemicals, compounds etc detected. Now off hand, i believe that they usually charge a small fee, however if you explain your circumstances, you may just be able to talk them into doing it for free. I once had this done, free of course, i had a mystery killer in my tank, turned out that when they switched my towns water from a natural spring, to dosing it with chlorine, the chlorine was doing damage to the fifty year old copper pipes in my house. The level of the two compounds create an almost acid effect. My fish would stay at the top of the tank as if they could not breath. They were very expensive, old and large dicuss, needless to say i lost several thousands of dollars, and then bought a water purifier, but for the most part it was too late, let me know, s.t.

marisa
06-10-02, 10:08 AM
You know, I really don't know whats up.

Everything is all good with the P.h. levels and all that. We already have a test kit here *Lol* And I haven't done a water change recently.

I added the dalamtion Mollys about a week ago and four days ago or so the male died. Yesterday the female, and guppies who have lived in the tank for a long time died.

I think maybe the Mollys were sick with something when I bought them but I am not sure. As for my roomates killing them, well I doubt they would have done it on purpose but my house is so crazy I wouldn't doubt an accident happening! But they all say nothing went on. And the water looks clear and all. So I dunno.

I am going to re-set up the tank in the next couples weeks. Thanks for the info on the water. I use tap water, but I am not sure about the pipes and all that, we have newer house so hpefully that is not the issue here.

marisa