PDA

View Full Version : My Mangrove Snake

KolleenJ
06-05-02, 01:46 AM
She is 7 ft and absolutely beautiful!!!
Here she is doing what she does best.....hanging from branches and chowin rats!!

http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?userid=KolleenJ&album_id=48975&image_id=65&courtesy=1

Tom P
06-05-02, 06:48 AM
That is a nice looking snake, from what I can see. Do you have any more pics? I don't think I have seen one of those before.

Tom P

KolleenJ
06-05-02, 01:32 PM
Its not the best, but shes a hard snake to photograph due to me NOT wanting to stick my head too far into her cage.

Linds
06-05-02, 01:36 PM
Very nice! LOL... don't blame for not wanting to stick your head in THAT cage :p

jason h
06-05-02, 06:06 PM
hi kolleen have you had her long?the reason i'm asking is becausethat looks EXACTLY!! like my male south american tigersnake(spilotes pullatus) and i do mean exactly. not saying you dont know yer snake or nothin just hoping you didnt get dooped.:confused: who knows maybe i got dooped and got a mangrove pair eeek.
( spilotes pullatus,tropical chicken snake,southamerican tigersnake, tiger ratsnake)

KolleenJ
06-07-02, 03:09 AM
I actually was just told that by someone else.... I checked all they wanted me to check for signs of her being mangrove...but hey, she was givin to me, and I was told she is what she "supposidly" is....but I know nothing about either of the snakes in question.....sooooooooooooooooooooo
Call me a liar I guess...............:eek:

Anyway, whatever she is, Im proud to show her off............

KolleenJ
06-07-02, 03:15 AM
PS, sorry if its in the wrong place for this post also.........it was a accident-truly guys...I had NO idea

And my friend was told that was what she was also, so he didnt decieve me ......he knows less about them than I do

O'well, anyone know where i can get a mangrove?????????????????????????????????????????? ???????

jason h
06-07-02, 06:55 AM
hi kolleen no one was calling you a liar, i just thought you should know as i said if you had paid for (HIM) i didnt want to see you getting dooped. But let me tell ya these are still very beautiful snakes and from what i can tell from the pics he is a wonderful specimen he will likely grow to 9' and i dont know about yours but they can be VERY VERY nasty. I find if i use a snake hook to pull his tail to the door of the enclosure then grab him GENTLY by the tail i can pull him out and as soon as i have a hand on him his throat deflates and he can be quite handleable and the aggression dissapears. again a a beautiful specimen and a great display snake, If you wish i can email you a copy of a care sheet I wrote for this species as i know the net has very very little info on these snakes.have fun with yer great snake!:thumbsup:

jason h
06-07-02, 06:17 PM
as for finding a mangrove you can try:

Eric Russell
www.DFGreptiles.com
(818)625-1031
Encino Cal.

he may still have one left. last time i looked he was charging $75.00 us.
hope this helped;)

Linds
06-07-02, 09:13 PM
Kolleen,
Tiger rats and Mangrove snakes have somewhat similar structure and colouration, so you may have better luck identifying if you look to its head. Mangroves have LARGE eyes, with narrow pupils (they are also known as cat-eyed snakes), and their heads seem to be slightly shorter.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

KolleenJ
06-08-02, 03:41 AM
Jason, sorry, I was being sarcastic...hehe
Someone else on another forum calles me a liar and I found it quite amusing:rolleyes: I didnt mean anyone here was calling me a liar, I was calling myself a liar

I would LOVE for you to send me a copy of your care sheet. I tried handling him today and he just wanted to run away and shake his tail. He hasnt inflated for me yet though. I am kindof afraid of him...lol But hopefully I can tame him. I will take your advise on how you handle yours. She/he does'nt seem bothered by me cleaning the cage or anything, just when I try to hold him/her.

BTW, she/he is 7 ft already and now, because I like them so much, I want to sex it and find it a mate, but good luck for that...lol

Thanks for the advice guys!!
Jason....e-mail me
kolleenj@hotmail.com

Jezabel
06-08-02, 05:56 AM
Really nice snake!!! How powerfull is their venom? Is it an "hospital emergency" case or ...

jason h
06-08-02, 06:16 PM
kolleen i sent the care sheet let me know if you recieve it i am very computer eliterit and i dont know if i did it right.
i have both male and female and i think i can pretty much garantee yours is a male the females are much smaller and more delicate looking and doesnt have that really thick front half that the males have. if i can get a good pick of them this week to show you the diferences ill postem for ya.:D

backdraft1320
06-26-02, 06:41 PM
CHECK THIS OUT!
http://www.diamondreptile.com/pricelist.htm

Nicky
07-01-02, 03:22 PM
dosn't Mitch have awsome snakes for sale those monicle cobras are something else!