PDA

View Full Version : monitors

monitor boy
04-12-03, 01:41 PM
i am looking for a couple species of monitors people might be selling or breeding.
i am looking for:

Dumerils
black rough necks
water
timors

Tim and Julie B
04-21-03, 11:38 AM
If you find Timors let me know! I heard Don Patterson has them. I find that list of species interesting because of the diversity of the species. 2ft to huge. Why such a wide scale? Is it because you are adding to a collection? Or are you looking for something to keep? I do not suggest the first three unless you have experiance. Which might be the case by your name. I just wanted to say that in case your new to monitors. If not please don't take offence. All those species are uncomman is that the link between them?

Jeff_Favelle
04-21-03, 07:33 PM
Don doesn't have Timors. He wouldn't have an Indo animal in his collection if his life depended on it.

Oops, 'cept Chondros.

monitor boy
04-21-03, 08:32 PM
well to vic
first of all if you even knew anything about me and my experience then you could say uch statements as you did. but as i know very well the experience needed for a water i think i am fine as i do have a nile right now and there one nasty monitor

NiagaraReptiles
04-21-03, 09:03 PM
All of the species you mentioned are imported quite regularly, but unfortunately captive bred animals are much harded to come across.
If indeed you are looking for imports, you shouldn't have to look very hard......

Tim and Julie B
04-21-03, 09:19 PM
Cool if you have experiance ignore my first comment (It looks like you already have jk). I have always been fasinated with Dumerils. But would rather devote space to other things. If I come across anyone I will definatly let you know!

Don doesn't keep Indo. species? Really that's too bad.