PDA

View Full Version : Uromastyx problems... :(

bobo
04-07-03, 02:02 PM
hi,

if any1 deals with uromastyx i need to ask you a few questions. If i were to keep an 8 inch long mali uromastyx together with a 5 or 6 inch long mali uromastyx would this be to much of a size difference?

And another question, the 8 inch long uromastyx is not eating...i just got him at a reptile expo that was held sunday, april 6. i have had him for a day and he has not eatin much. Could this just be because they fed him different food where i bought him from and he does not want to eat what i have or is something else wrong?

thanks in advance :)

ballpython5000
04-07-03, 02:26 PM
leo-land has already told you what to do, along with a bunch of people in various chats. do what they reccomended.

Gillards
04-07-03, 02:57 PM
It might not be a good idea to house the two together. At least for a while. Give the new one some time to get used to the new home and then slowly introduce them to eachother. How big is your tank?? What are your temps at? What are you trying to feed it?
The new one might not eat for a couple of days.

Also alot of uromastyx come in with alot of parasites to get them checked at the vet before introducing them to eachother.
Any more questions just ask.
Good luck!!
Lorraine

Gillards Herps Canada (http://www.gillardsherpscanada.com) :grab:

nouserpif
04-07-03, 06:28 PM
I would keep trying to feed him, but do not bug him, and give him space, he is probably stressed... Do not house them together yet. If he doesn't eat in a few days, I would try and get a fecial done by a vet. He is probably jsut stressed though, make sure everything is right.
Dan Conner

Leo-Land
04-08-03, 04:42 PM
I already gave you advice on this issue. A uro of 5 inches cannot be housed with a uro of 12 inches in a 45 gallon tank. You can wait for awhile(couple of months) and get a bigger tank(100+gal) and then put them together. But I wouldn't do that as of now.

Emily-Fisher
04-12-03, 05:29 AM
No...it is definatly not okay. No two uromastyx should be housed together no matter what size unless it is for breeding. As for the uro not eating...don't worry. My blizzard gecko didn't eat for three weeks when I brought her home! That's how long it took for her to get used to her surroundings! So give your uro a while to settle in and he/she should be eating in no time.