PDA

View Full Version : Mouse odd-ness

marisa
04-03-03, 10:02 PM
I have a ten gallon tank where I put some of my offspring to get larger for my bigger corns. I normally leave them there for quite some time.

Anyways right now the mice have been doing a weird thing. They are often seen standing up in the middle of the tank. On their hind legs. Sometimes I see one or two mice doing it, but other times its a group of them standing up on their hind legs together.

I would take a photo but they stop doing it and run off when they see me coming or when I open the cage.

What is this? None of my other mice do it, and these mice that are doing it are healthy, eating and growing. But its clearly odd behavior. Any ideas?

Marisa

Scotty Allen
04-04-03, 04:47 AM
I think your mice are performing some sort of a pagan ritual Marisa. Be very careful in the dark and think of this next time you are about to whack one of them over the head.

Pixie
04-04-03, 07:36 AM
ROTFLMAO FlatwoundScotty!!! I almost spewed coffee out of my nose reading your reply this morning!!!

Marisa: My young mice do weird things too, actually, they do what you say but mine don't do it in the middle of the tank much but near one of the sides. Looks so weird, they're all standing straight up and bunched together looking up! It might just be some kind of ritual!!! LOL! I think it's just part of their physical development, getting used to being on their legs and holding balance. My adult mice don't do this nearly as much if ever.

Pixie

JasonBrennan
04-04-03, 09:01 AM
All my mice seem to do this. I always figured they were just "lookin' around"

jadegrasse
04-04-03, 01:39 PM
Try as you might.......you can't sneak up on them. Put a web cam on them and they don't 'prairy dog' when looked at on the cam but when you 'sneak' up on them they hear you coming and try and peak at you. Sneaky little b______s....... Ever watch rats playing? Just like puppies! I get a blast watching them interact.

Alain

Stalabros
04-04-03, 01:43 PM
I think that your mice are going through the hopper stage, that is when their hind legs start to develop muscle and strength. All mice do this.

Scotty Allen
04-04-03, 02:07 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmm, so that's what "prairie doggin' means?

marisa
04-04-03, 03:53 PM
Well these are adult mice. They have been in the ten gallon for months now.

I do know what you mean by the hopper stage though. My little ones do that too.

Scotty- that is NOT what prairie doggin means. But I am not going to explain it to you *LOL* :)

Marisa

Xetox
04-04-03, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by FlatwoundScotty
Hmmmmmmmmmm, so that's what "prairie doggin' means?

LOL , I would explain but I am not sure if people would like my explanation :)

Scotty Allen
04-04-03, 04:19 PM
You going to be at the party Saturday night or the show on Sunday Marisa? Maybe you could splain' it there ?

:devil:

marisa
04-04-03, 04:21 PM
No sorry Scotty I won't be. :(

Either way, I wouldn't explain it to you.

LOL

Marisa

Burmies
04-04-03, 09:27 PM
Sound interesting.

Burmies

asphyxia
04-04-03, 09:31 PM
^^ Same as Burmies^^

Asphyxia

ThEmAdHaTtEr
04-04-03, 10:01 PM
Lol prarie doggin...lmao. Yeah scotty, just ask around. :)