PDA

View Full Version : new fish

marisa
05-31-02, 06:35 AM
I just got a new fish (and home) He is a Green Spotted Puffer. And he is probably the cutest fish I have ever since in my life!!!! Totally fat and pudgy, with blue eyes!!!!! Its crazy how cute I think this fish is.

Take a look next time you are in a pet store/aquarium store. They are in freshwater. so cute! they look my my photo, except its not my photo/or fish. just looks like mine without the blue eyes mine has.

marisa

Youkai
06-01-02, 05:59 PM
I have mine set up in my brackish tank. They are company to monos, chromides, and V. depressifrons. And these do well only because these fish are either fast, fight back, or are venomous.

Of course, the Puffers are still loads of fun. Just don't dangle your fingers in the tank.... ;)

marisa
06-01-02, 06:41 PM
Yeah mine lives alone in his own small tank with filter and stuff. And same as you, I set it up with brackish water, like I had to do with my Mollies that everyone gave me advice for :)

marisa

Youkai
06-01-02, 08:00 PM
...met a molly who didn't like slightly brackish water! And I've always got a ton of marine salt on hand for my saltwater stuff, so why not?

marisa
06-06-02, 06:22 PM
I can't believe but my Puffer Fish died. Its stupid. A few days ago.

Of course who knows what he was infested with when I got him, and of course who knows if I got the brackish right. *sigh* will try again though someday soon.

marisa

jason h
06-06-02, 07:42 PM
sorry to here that better luck next time.:confused:

Linds
06-06-02, 07:57 PM
Sorry to hear that :(

corr
06-07-02, 05:06 AM
:(