PDA

View Full Version : No POOP!!!!!

kaoeki
03-28-03, 03:58 PM
Maybe I am being over dramatic here...I just bought my new Redtail about 2 weeks ago. She is 1.5 old. The handler had her in great shape, scales look nice, no mites, coloring is nice along with the markings.....I fed her when the handler told me two which was last Tuesday. Well it is now the following Friday and she has not pooped out the first two that I fed her. So since she has tried to take off my hand everytime I put in the cage to change water or towels she comes at me. So I thought I would go ahead a feed her again. Is this type of non-pooping normal? Her tail is not bulged. You can't even tell she was fed a week and a half ago. If you can help or give advice it would be appreciated.

Kao:zi:

LdyDrgn
03-28-03, 04:12 PM
Boas will defecate anywhere from once a week to once every 4-5 weeks. What temps/humidity do you have the enclosure set to?

kaoeki
03-28-03, 04:16 PM
The temp is set to about 83 degrees. that is only half of the cage though. If she is too warm she can go to the other side and cool off. It is a fairly large cage. thank you for the help. :)

LdyDrgn
03-28-03, 04:19 PM
The warm side needs to be up to 88 degrees. It is difficult for them to properly digest without the right heat. :)

Pixie
03-28-03, 04:56 PM
You don't need to worry about your boa not pooping regularly. My girl is like that and so are both my BP's. They'll eat a few meals and then let out a mother load!!! Just yesterday, my boa left me a nice BIG surprise! She can't weight much more than a pound as she's still young, but her poop put my little dog's (who's 22 lbs) to shame!!!

I personally like it better like that, I only have a poo per boid a month :) I'm just not looking forward to the time my boa's 7' or more and lays out a load! I can't even imagine how big it'll be!!!

Pixie

rethius
03-28-03, 05:54 PM
Raise up that temp!!! boas should be provided with a basking spot of at least 90.

Burmies
03-28-03, 06:14 PM
Larger snakes have dumps on average of once a month. So your snakes is ok.

Burmies

fr0glet
03-28-03, 08:54 PM
Any time I'm concerned about a snake or lizard not pooping, I give them a nice warm bath. About 30 minutes or so. Dry thoroughly and return to cage.

9 times out of 10, they poop the next day.

Mr Maggot
03-31-03, 09:55 AM
Yeah no worries. My argentine likes to poop when she sheds, maybe she just feels refreshed :) although usualy she poops once in between sheds.