PDA

View Full Version : Hey, I'm on a roll!

crimsonking
03-27-03, 12:09 PM
This morning while collecting minnows for my 2 orange phase mangrove water snakes, I came accross these 3 others in the trees copulating. Here's a pic of the tails.

Swampwalker
03-27-03, 02:09 PM
Nice shot. I haven't found any snakes out here yet but I'm sure I'll find something within the next couple of weeks. Its still a little cool here.

marisa
03-27-03, 02:48 PM
Wow how nice you came up to them while they were mating! thats great!

marisa

crimsonking
03-27-03, 04:00 PM
The red one is a male and so is the smaller of the green/brown ones.

crimsonking
03-27-03, 04:06 PM
here they are.

Burmies
03-27-03, 05:36 PM
Snakes in the wild are nice to see.

Burmies

Leo-Land
03-27-03, 09:07 PM
I cannot seem to find snakes anywhere down here in Central FL!! Do you like hike through the woods to find these? I got a National Forest about 30 mins away(Little Big Econ) and there should be tons of herps there. Maybe I'll go this weekend with a few friends.

crimsonking
03-27-03, 09:54 PM
LL, these guys were found in the mangroves that surround Tampa Bay. You should have no problem in finding herps of SOME kind in the places you go. Slow down and look. I know that sounds stupid but I find many by first selecting an area that looks good then just staying right there 'till I have thoroughly searched it. They have been avoiding being seen for millions of years! What ssp. are you looking for??

Vanan
03-27-03, 11:51 PM
One word. Lucky you! Ok fine, 2 words then. Hopefully we'll have luck up here soon. The garters and frogs are out. Our society's organizing herping trips which I'm leading! :D This Saturday we're going out for frogs. Hope to have some nice pics to show you guys after we come back.

crimsonking
03-28-03, 06:14 AM
We expect to see no less than the best, Vanan. (no pressure!)

Tim_Cranwill
03-28-03, 08:10 AM
That's a real find! It must be nice to have so many herps with driving distance of your house... :)

crimsonking
04-04-03, 11:22 PM
here's another I found in the mangrove roots the next day.

Xetox
04-08-03, 05:00 PM
Since I am not home much the last month I have not had a chance to go, and its just been getting up to that temp!

I should be done traveling in a few weeks and I can't wait to make the first trip of the year!