PDA

View Full Version : sad story maybe happy ending

SD-SNAKE
03-27-03, 10:20 AM
ok just wanted to share this. I went yesturday to look at this columbian red tail and cage this guy had posted for $140. When I got there I saw the cage not bad. that was ok. THe sad part was the snake, cold to the touch, no heat the temp was 65F, snake was sitting in its own **** and the guy smoked like crazy. The guy said that his buddy just didnt want it any more and did not care if it died or not. Well I could not let that snake die, so i took him home. He has a RI, plus he has some bumps that seem to be on parts of his spine(I need to look this up). It is a sad snake to look at. Taking to the resue facility buy my house today. I just wanted to post this to remind people to be responsible herpers and think of the animal befor yourself. thanks Nick

LdyDrgn
03-27-03, 01:36 PM
Hope he is alright. The bumps along the spine -could- be healed up bites from the snake being fed live prey :(

rethius
03-27-03, 01:46 PM
To bad, one mans garbage is anothers treasure! I hope he gets better!

nicola_boulton
03-27-03, 02:59 PM
thats really sad. God bless u comin along. i love happy endings

Nicky
03-27-03, 04:08 PM
thats horrible:( stupid guy grr people like that make me just wanna throw up. good on you for helping the poor snake hope he heals up

boa
03-27-03, 04:57 PM
congrats i am glad he found a better place best of luck with your new python.

Linds
03-27-03, 06:13 PM
That's awful. I will never know how people can treat *living* creatures as a novelty :confused: Glad you saved him from that mess, I hope he makes a full recovery. Good luck :thumbsup:

snake_lover
03-27-03, 07:01 PM
I hope everything will turn out just great.now that the snake has a better home .You got any pix?

Goodluck!

Mr Maggot
03-27-03, 08:57 PM
Goodluck , yeah, I wanna see some pics too! :)

SD-SNAKE
03-28-03, 08:33 AM
I dont have any pics. Due to the fact that i dont own a computer. Thanks for all the support. take care happy herping!Nick

Blackwidow69
03-28-03, 12:38 PM
:( Awwww thats sad,, i hope now that hes got a caring home he gets better.. its a real good thing you did come along and help him.. Alot of people do that (oh il get this snake , its easy to care for) and just pop it into a cage with no light or heat or water.. and most the time they dont even feed it they way they should.. I hate that..:( Good for you that you stepped in...;)

paolo_28
03-30-03, 11:21 AM
That's sad, I'm glad that you got to it before something worst happend. Good luck and we should have more people like you.:D

SD-SNAKE
04-01-03, 10:18 AM
SORRY TO SAY BUT THE SNAKE DIED 2 DAYS AFTER A GOT IT. iT HAD MULTIPLE PROBLEMS. I DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY FOR THE VET. ITS SAD TO SEE. BUT I AM MORE SAD AND WORKED UP OVER THE ART USED BY MR MAGGOT(ABOVE). DONT YOU HAVE ANY BRAINS. I DONT CARE WERE YOUR FROM THATS JUST WRONG. YOUR ABOUT AS DUMB AS THE GUY I GOT THE SNAKE FROM. LATER NICK

Blackwidow69
04-01-03, 12:05 PM
:( :( Aaawwww thats sad to know that it didnt make it.. sorry to here that... poor snake...:( :(