PDA

View Full Version : Jumping

ThEmAdHaTtEr
03-22-03, 01:19 PM
Hey all. Do you guys jump when you feed your snakes F/T? I do..Not to the point where it like hurts the snake or anything, I just flinch. How do you guys deal with this? I need to stop doing just incase one time I jump too hard and hurt my snakes. Thanks.

Burmies
03-22-03, 01:48 PM
I do not have that problem. I have 21 snakes and they all get live food so I am used to it.

Burmies

peregrinefalcon
03-22-03, 03:16 PM
I assume you mean feeding them F/T with tongs? Why not just not use the tongs? Just throw it in and it'll probably eat it.
Adam

nicola_boulton
03-22-03, 03:47 PM
u know can get those coat hangers that have clips on the end put the preys tail in that stand really far away, when ur snake has it just unclip it. (well that is what i do). But i used 2 jump, if u know what royal pythons r like at feedin time!! hope this helps and im not just talkin nonsense

Lisa
03-22-03, 03:53 PM
The only time I used to jump was when feeding our burm... but when she grabs food you know it. <thwack> <crunch> :)

I have a video of her eating some where.

ThEmAdHaTtEr
03-22-03, 05:48 PM
I feed the BPs..I use 4 inch tongs. So im only a few inches away from getting bit, but shes good so she never hits me. But yeah, I know shes gunna strike I just end up jumping. It takes me by superise.

XxRachxX
03-30-03, 03:32 PM
i have to use tongs at "work" and i jump pretty much all the time!
you cant help it! its a natural reaction! like when people pretend to poke u in the eye, you blink!

Blackwidow69
03-30-03, 06:20 PM
:cool: I use F/T on almost all my snakes and just toss it in, but i use live fuzzies and adult mice on my frogs and they can make ya jump as ya dont want your fingers getting bit by them.. The snakes that i use live for are my JCP which is live adult mice or gerbils that i hold by long surgical hemos. it dont bother me when it snatches it.. the other one i use live food for is my corn snake baby it gets live rat pinkies and gerbil pups.. want something to really make ya jump have a adult pixie frog get ahold of ya.. hehehehehe!!!!!!:D :D