PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Pics

Xetox
03-17-03, 02:13 PM
Here are some pics of one of my oldest and dearest friends!

His Name is Sammy and I have had him since I was around 7 or 8 and I am 27 now. They are horrible pics, but I had the camera for the weekend and figured I would use it while I had it. He is going through a shed right now so he looks like crap......but his is just a normal corn.

Thanks for looking.

http://morbidfascinations.org/images/snakes/Sammy1.JPG

http://morbidfascinations.org/images/snakes/Sammy2.JPG

Xetox
03-17-03, 02:15 PM
O and by the way that is not me in the pic...its a friend.

When I post my pic of my burm I will be in the picture.

crimsonking
03-17-03, 03:41 PM
Great job!! Not many herpers can say they have kept an animal for 20 yrs. By the way, the term I have the most trouble using when describing some of my snakes is: NORMAL. It sure seems to take something away from these magnificent creatures. Don't you think? I bet "Sammy" is anything but NORMAL to you! Nice snake.
:Mark

Xetox
03-17-03, 04:01 PM
O yea he is nothing but normal.....One of the best pets I have ever kept, I dont do much breeding with the "normal corn" because there are just to many out there already that are breeding but I love him and would not trade him for anything!!

I will post some more pics of him once he gets done with this shed!

FireSerpent
03-17-03, 05:27 PM
I know just how you feel Xetox! I have a snow corn that was my very first snake and he is my baby! He is in with a red albino and they are inseperable :D

eyespy
03-17-03, 06:14 PM
He's just lovely! It's nice to hear of a senior citizen snake who is as loved today as when he was first aquired.

I recently lost my first "pet trade" herp, an ornate horned frog that passed at the respectable age of 26. Senior citizen herps rule!

Herp guy
03-17-03, 06:29 PM
kewl , i like your snake and its life span is incredibkle

Herp guy
03-17-03, 06:30 PM
eyespy , that is so true , ive had 2 western plains garter snakes for 16 years now . Go senoirs

Nanashi04
03-17-03, 07:26 PM
sweet :) It's great to hear about people really being in it for the long run. :D

Xetox
03-18-03, 09:25 AM
Welp he got through his shed last night, I will try to take some new pics tomorrow of him.

He was so happy to have the skin off last night that when I got up this morning he had gotting out and was crawling around on the floor, how he managed to get the cage open is beyond me but he did! When I put him back in the cage I think he seemed happy to be home!

And Senior Herps do rock........seems the older they get the more personality they get!

Lizzy001
03-18-03, 11:46 AM
wow...nice snake!!!

HEVYCHEVY427
03-18-03, 07:03 PM
It is nice to be loved when your old..spoken by a senior herper!!

ThEmAdHaTtEr
03-18-03, 07:24 PM
Very cool corn. Nice pics.

Andy_G
03-18-03, 08:03 PM
Ahh I think it's cool when people take pics of old snakes while they are in shed because they are all greyish. It adds an aging effect hehe. I really like that snake, and congratulations for keeping it around for 20 years, you must really be doing a good job with it!