PDA

View Full Version : Jampea Reiculated python

Lil Jon
03-17-03, 12:09 AM
Hi i was wondering what the average size is for a male jampea reticulated python do they get around 10 feet?Thank's for any advice.

Aaron_S
03-17-03, 01:43 AM
I believe the dwarf retic can get bout 16 feet so i woudl say aroudn 12-14 but thats just from reading no experience with them.

FireSerpent
03-17-03, 10:35 AM
I agree with Aaron, males are a bit smaller but everything i have read gives that as general size. However I have heard of really small males coming in at 9 feet.

Andy
03-17-03, 01:24 PM
You can expect a male Jampea retic to not get over 10. That would be a big snake. For a Jampea you can probably expect about 8 ft.

I would like to see these 16 ft. Jampeas. The biggest Jampea that I have heard was a 12 or 13 ft. female that was on the same feeding schedule as Bobs Fluffy. And about the same age

If you dont know what you are talking about its probably not a really good idea to answer the question.

Aaron_S
03-17-03, 10:32 PM
Andy,
Well the Jampea retic is smaller in nature because it has adapted to the way of life there.Possibly they are smaller in nature cause they maynot be able to get such large prey or other reason.

So what i'm saying is that in the right conditions in captivity a dwarf retic could grow to the size of what i stated in my earlier post.

Andy
03-17-03, 10:33 PM
and what you are saying is wrong

Andy
03-17-03, 10:37 PM
So every Jampea retic in captivity isnt being kept under the right conditions? Because there is no Jampea retic 16 ft. and no male thats going to hit 14. If you dont know the answer just dont answer the question. Is it that hard to not reply?

Your thinking about a Bali dwarf which generally stays a little smaller than the mainland retics and the other large local retics. But 16 ft. isnt all that "dwarfish" so many people arent calling them dwarfs anymore.

Kyle Walkinshaw
03-17-03, 11:36 PM
OK Andy, maybe you should keep some opinions to yourself, someone asked a question, and Aaron stated an opinion. If you wanted to correct him that would be one thing but your just being rude. Relax!

Andy
03-18-03, 03:01 PM
He is giving false info and I am correcting that. Plain and simple, I wasnt being rude just suggesting that if you dont know the answer not to answer the question. I dont know anything about colubrids, you dont see me over in the colubrid forum saying things that I think that I might have heard or read.

Feed'em All
03-18-03, 03:47 PM
Sorry men, but your words do seem to be a little rude...

ReptiZone
03-18-03, 03:51 PM
every one just chill I never seen aaron willingly give out fals info and maby he got his snakes mixed. but it is not totaly un realystic we have to keep in mind that dwarf retic or not it is still a retic witch is one big snake geneticly speeking but a true dwarf will probebly stay small but just the other day I was serfing the net and I found a rabit biger then most dogs wether we want to or not we have to realise that if we buy a dwarf we beter be ready in case it is not a dwarf or if mother nature gose in to over drive we all know how the buissnes can be some times and the Titanic did sink when they said god couldent sink it. LOL

Andy
03-18-03, 04:07 PM
So maybe I should expect that if I buy a ball python that I could have a 9 ft. animal on my hand, I dont think so. Sure weird things happen, but there is not a shred of evidence saying that a Jampea retic is going to get 16 ft. so therefore it is inaccurate saying that they will get that big. Im more than happy to say that I am wrong if Aaron can post a link to were he read that Jampeas get 16 ft. so I can see this animal. I would be very interested in readying about that.

As I said before I am not trying to be rude just correcting a false statement. If everyone would like me to go back and put smiley faces in my posts so it doesnt sound so harsh when I am correcting his error, I can, although I dont think it will do very much good in the whole grand scheme of things.

Andy
03-18-03, 04:08 PM
:)

Aaron_S
03-18-03, 04:29 PM
Sorry I mixed up the bali and Jampea...my mistake.

So no more argueing:D

Andy
03-18-03, 04:33 PM
Like I said I wasnt trying to be argumentative.

Everything aside on this the bottom line is that if your looking for a retic under 10 ft. GO FOR THE MALE JAMPEA!!! You wont regret it. It will be a great way to get into the wonderful world of retics. Or a Kayudi, Kolotoya, or super dwarf of either sex.

Burmies
03-18-03, 04:48 PM
Maybe 16 feet or so, not that sure.

Burmies

Andy
03-18-03, 05:15 PM
Maybe 16 feet or so, not that sure.

I hope your not being serious. Didnt you just read the thread? Unless your kidding it is pretty obvious that you dont know the answer and are just agreeing with the first post that was made, which we have established WAS WRONG!

I hope that you are just messing around and trying to get me fired up:mad: