PDA

View Full Version : How did you ....

Lizzy001
03-14-03, 03:30 PM
how did you get indroduced/addicted....to reptiles??

* FRIENDS?
*FAMILY?
*SHOWS?
*ADVERTISEMENTS?

LdyDrgn
03-14-03, 03:36 PM
My mom loves reptiles so I grew up with loving and respecting them, too :)

Herp guy
03-14-03, 03:38 PM
You know what It was my own experience at the pet shops. I had always liked snakes as a little kid and I never went to pet shops before. I went to the pet shop with my friend one day and I saw a small garter snake. I loved it so i bought it ( It was only $5.00) and then i extended my collection and got many more. I also got into keeping lizards,frogs,toads,salamanders,and birds. I also liked dogs and cats so i now have an extensive collection of animals. GOOOOOOOOOO Reptiles!!!!!!!!!!

eyespy
03-14-03, 04:44 PM
My grandpa used to take me out to the woods near his house to look for frogs, snakes, turtles and salamandars. If we found injured animals we'd take them home and rehab them, otherwise we'd just enjoy them for a little bit and then let them go on their way.

He's also the one who taught me how to get pet stores to surrender sick animals so that we could rehab them.

Nanashi04
03-14-03, 05:52 PM
I kinda got myself into it, really. My dad always taught me that snakes arn't bad, and they need respect... but my fasination started with a little WC garter I found in my back yard.

Linds
03-14-03, 10:22 PM
Well, when I was 4 my mom sent my dad and I to the pet store to buy me my first pet, a hamster. Well, we ended up coming home with an iguana (who 18 years later is still alive and kicking around the house :)). My mom wasn't impressed, but everyone has grown to love her over the years. She's sort of a household pet now :)

Edwin
03-14-03, 10:32 PM
I sort of grew into it on my own. I was always tring to catch lizards and snakes when I was young, and even though my parents would not allow me to keep them, I still had loads of fun.

Lizzy001
03-18-03, 11:44 AM
i had a friend who had a snake.... and i Got ADDICTED the moment i saw it!!!!

Pixie
03-18-03, 01:06 PM
Youthful curiosity :)

Playing in the woods as a kid, looking for garter snakes, frogs, toads, salamanders, you name it. Was always facinated with snakes the most and always wanted to keep one. My dad would let me keep a garter for a couple of days but then I had to let it go. My mom couldn't handle it!!!

Today, my dad asks me to bring one or more of my snakes with me when I go visit, he really likes my bp's!!! My mom has gotten better, she will let me bring ONE over and let it play in their grass in the summer.

Pixie