PDA

View Full Version : ohhh the misary of decision making

ReptiZone
03-11-03, 02:36 PM
this forum is kinda dead an it is my favorite so I thaught I would liven it up a bit with a question I am going to buy a new snake next month and I have ben working out the math and have ben building cages left and right now. My next addition will be a giant snake I just cant make up my mind witch one to get first I want a Burm or a Retic what do you think would be a good buy the store hase a baby burm in superbe condition 2 feet long and a baby retic also superbe condition 4 feet long and is quit handelable at its age and considering it is a retic Ohhhh the misery of desision making.LOL cant wait to hear from you

asphyxia
03-11-03, 02:51 PM
Hi Chondro,

An idea may be to get whatever comes up first via a unwanted giant python must be some available.

Just a thought
Brian

ReptiZone
03-11-03, 02:57 PM
Cool...I tryed that and I cant seem to find a rescue in canada that has any. If there is some one out there with some info it would be apresiated........thanx keep the post coming

savannah_babe
03-11-03, 03:18 PM
well..good things are worth waiting for i always say. the large burm/retic you want will come. just check out the 16fter i rescued in the "for all those kids who want a burm" forum. that snakes girth is as big as my waist. and hes not too nice either..lol i had to take him home to soak in my tub the other night cause when he came in he had a bad shed. that was sooo not easy. they say you dont know what your dealing with until you have to do it. their right. but if you feel like your ready, definatly go for a rescue, as many unwanted large boids now you will find one :)

Pixie
03-11-03, 03:36 PM
Try phoning your local pound and spca. I checked here in Montreal and they receive giant snakes somewhat regularly, I'm sure they receive them at your city pound too.

Would be so nice knowing you saved a snake :)

Good luck,
Pixie

Pixie
03-11-03, 03:37 PM
Oh, and if they don't have any at the time. Leave your name letting them know you are interested in adopting, they will call you.

Pixie

ReptiZone
03-11-03, 03:53 PM
I would not mind reciving a rescue but it still hase to be of a half decent size like my G/F has never handeld a big snake befor unlike me who will throw my self in any cage I can just to get some hands on experiance I have long list of animals I have worked with or at least handeld in my past experince but I am not ready to take on a 16 foot burm taht was used and abused and now hase a natural instink of trying to kill all man kind cause of her past at least at 6 to 10 feet they are still manageble you were good to take that burm home with that kind of temperment and at that size I would love to also but not till my right hand woman gets used to handeling a 16 foot nice burm let alone a nastie one that kina answers my question I think I will get the burm I saw cause Lucie will at least be abel to hold it when she wants thanks for opening up my eyes on the situation I will still do the calls at the pound

ThEmAdHaTtEr
03-12-03, 06:23 PM
Deff a burm..Have you seen a retic full grown (in real life)? Huge, you will end up feeding it pigs when its full size. Burmese would be a lot more rational.

Katt
03-13-03, 02:35 PM
Do you have a partner to help you handle the burm or retic?

Katt
03-13-03, 02:40 PM
Pardon me, a life time partner who is very willing to work with your giant python. Your life will be in their hands.

snakemann87
03-13-03, 04:10 PM
burm for me.

ReptiZone
03-13-03, 04:33 PM
Ya I do and yes I have seen a retic in real life and I cant see why a burm is more rational caus a burm is fatter then a retic by far a burm can eat a pig also it is just up to the owner to feed it to them I personaly can cause I have some farmer famely members I am hopping to produse a half decent giant I was just trying to see what the minoraty was so I can choose but the G/F said she wants the burm and I can get a retic in a few more monts thatks for all the replys.

ReptiZone
03-13-03, 04:36 PM
I wold like to hear some ppl horror stories not just fore my education and well being but also for all the ppl that may be think of geting a large snake. thanx

bbkaren
03-13-03, 05:26 PM
Myself, I don't know any horror stories, my burm is nothing but lovin'!

snakemann87
03-13-03, 05:29 PM
actually a burm is fatter when young. the retic will definately fill out and get just as fat eventually.

Jesssica
03-13-03, 05:53 PM
You think so? I don't know, retics are known to have a more reasonablyegirth than chubby burms...obviously they get longer, but it would have to be quite a piggy retic to have proportions like a burm.

ReptiZone
03-14-03, 12:30 PM
It is listed like this for the

Largets snake in the world in is the

Anaconda
Burmmese python
Reticulated python

The longest snake in the world

Reticulated python
Anaconda
Burmese python

so you see the burmese alywas end up in third place althow there are some exceptions

Katt
03-15-03, 01:22 PM
Retics should not be as fat as burms. They are a slender python like spotteds, macklott's, white lips.

snakemann87
03-15-03, 04:06 PM
go check out some retic pics on the net, tell me if they arent fat.

snakemann87
03-15-03, 04:15 PM
here are some examples
http://www.mccarthyboas.com/BigSnake3.html

I'm not saying they always get as fat, but there is always the chance.

BreaksBabe
03-15-03, 04:53 PM
too bad you dont live out here in co. there are a few awesomes rescued burms at the shop i go to between 4-7ft. that all are easy to handle and have awesome personalities

Burmies
03-15-03, 06:45 PM
Tell you what, I own both and I like the patterns on the Retic better but I like the attitude of the Burm more.
So yoy really have to think about it or get both like me.

Thanks Burmies

ReptiZone
03-16-03, 02:26 PM
I think I will go with geting both I want boath I just cant get them at them same time