PDA

View Full Version : locusts/crickets

XxRachxX
03-09-03, 02:49 PM
does anyone breed locusts? its never been mentioned on here?
since i have this stupid fear of crickets, when i eventually get lizards, id have to feed locusts. is breeding/care pretty much the same as crickets? i know about the set up and feeding.
is there much difference in feeding "issues" like nutrition and stuff? any input would be great!
Thanks
XxRachxX

nouserpif
03-09-03, 07:09 PM
I tried to keep a whole bunch when I was like 8... caught like 300 at a park, and put them in a big kritter keeper, filled with grasses, and letuce... forgot about them, and saw them again a week and a half later in the garage, all dead... lol
I heard they are quite popular as lizard food in some parts of Europe , mind you, it is the smaller grasshoppers, not the great big locusts... some/most of the big locusts, especially nymphs, are poisonous.

Xetox
03-09-03, 09:01 PM
You have a fear of Crickets but not grasshoppers?

nouserpif
03-11-03, 10:44 PM
Well, crickets are by far the most foul feeder bugs... Geeze, cockroaches are WAY WAY WAY cleaner than those Harbingers of Hell! lol
Dan Conner

XxRachxX
03-14-03, 04:55 PM
crickets and locust are totally different things! crickets are small brown icky and the spawn of the devil.
locusts have more character and have cute faces! they look completely different..it makes sense..
ugly food.....or cute food.....:D i know what id pick