PDA

View Full Version : abused.....

BreaksBabe
03-06-03, 04:52 PM
im beginning to think that at one point in time Sophia was a rescued snake. i keep finding little scars on her. and some not so little. :( why someone would ever wanna do that is beyond on. shes like my child (lol my friends think im crazy when i say that)but shes in good hands now. but she has some odd scars. and some of her cales are kinda bent outwards(they stick up) in a vertical line on her side. anyone know how that couldve happened?

Hamster of Borg
03-06-03, 05:15 PM
Its not uncommon for scales to get creased and bent from sitting in one position for a long time... nothing a little soaking/humidity can't help with. Most of the big snakes I've worked with get it. But scarring in general is not uncommon for many big snakes - especially if they were fed live.

Ham

BreaksBabe
03-06-03, 05:22 PM
the reason i think she was abused was b/c of the size of the scars and how many there are.

lordkovacs
03-07-03, 03:53 PM
see what happens with a couple sheds. I had a corn with a similar situation. I inc. humidity just a little, and waited for a good shed. It took two/three sheds to improve. Good luck.
Cheers,
Mike

BreaksBabe
03-07-03, 08:02 PM
so i just got back for the shop i bought her at b/c i had to get a new heating lamp. anyways they had this awesome green burmese there *drool* turns out they did rescue Sophia and she was in a bad state when they had picked her up. they mainly sell giant pythons at this shop. and they are all from rescues. that or ppl that sell them b/c they get too big and cant care for them anymore or just dont want a large snake. :/

paolo_28
03-14-03, 05:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your snake, but I'm glad that he/she's in good hands. Love to see some pics.

Paolo.

savannah_babe
03-14-03, 05:56 PM
sorry to hear about her. atleast she has a good home now. but i wouldnt doubt the fact that she was also wild caught. possibility maybe? then someone else had her..and so on..you get my point ;)

BreaksBabe
03-14-03, 11:48 PM
http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/500/1324untitled-truecolor-01-med.jpg

http://www.ssnakess.com/photopost/data/507/1324image011.jpg

Linds
03-15-03, 08:18 AM
The creases are perfectly normal. The scales just creased from being bent for a period of time, nothing to worry about :) Glad your girl has finally gotten a good home, and had a second chance, unfortunately many don't :( Such a shame that these animals get dumped so often, its good to hear this store is actually placing and rescuing many of them, hopefully they are a little mroe careful with placing these animals........

Originally posted by savannah_babe
but i wouldnt doubt the fact that she was also wild caught. possibility maybe?

Doubtful. Burms are like leopard geckos, they are so easily bred in captivity and commonly done, that you are pretty well guaranteed to have a CBB burm nowadays :)