PDA

View Full Version : Water & Pinkies

BbyBpNdl325
03-26-20, 04:24 PM
Hello! New here, just brought home our very first baby Anery Corn Snake and the whole family is doting over her like a princess. (my son feels like snake is a girl so until we can have her sexed we are rolling with it)

My questions are regarding Food & Water. What type of water should we be using? For now we have been using filtered water (our refrigerator has this) to mist her tank and fill her bowl. Her set up came with the repti safe drops which i have read mixed reviews about whether they should be used or not. We have not used them. Should we be?

As for feeding. Shes about 2 months old now. When we graduate from one pinky to two do we offer them both at the same time? She kinda hung out after swallowing the one we gave her so I'm thinking shes ready for 2...

Any tips or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated! Thank you

dangernoodles
03-30-20, 09:40 AM
Use Reptisafe. Itīs literally just a dechlorinator, it poses no threat to your reptile, you could drink it. 2 drops per 8oz of water.

craigafrechette
03-30-20, 11:35 AM
Reptisafe is pointless unless you need to treat your snakes water unless your water is unsafe for you to drink. Basically, if it's safe for human consumption it's safe for our snakes.

As for when to upsize to two pinkies...if one doesn't leave a noticable lump it's safe to feed two.
Allow a minute or two after the first is swallowed, the snake will likely realign her jaw and be ready for a second.