PDA

View Full Version : werners chameleon....anyone ever heard of it?

wonder_chunky
05-18-02, 01:49 PM
a while ago (december) i purchased a chameleon from a pet store, and they said it ws a jacksons chameleon, but i did some resaerch and found out that it wasnt, it is a werners chameleon, i am absolutely 100% sure it is. but i cant find any good info on it anywhere! a few weeks after i bought her she had 13 babies! and i sold them all thinking they were jacksons, so i only sold em for about $50 or so, after all the babies were gone i found out what they really were! so somewhere out there there are 13 baby werners chams posing as jacksons....but what i want to know is are they rare or something? because i have never heard of them until i accidently stumbled across a pic of one on the net and saw it was just like mine (and further research made it 100%)
so i want to know how much $$ i lost selling those babies for only $50. if anyone knows anything about these chameleons please tell me anything you know....

thakns

Laurier
05-22-02, 06:04 PM
hey,

well you shouldn't have lost to much money, maybe 5 bucks a cham. This species is imported alot and is not to hard to accuire as a wild caught specimen. Here is a site that should help you out.

http://www.adcham.com/html/taxonomy/species/chwerneri.html

awsome site and i use it for all my cham research.

Laurier

wonder_chunky
05-22-02, 07:01 PM
i have never ever heard of that species before....until i got one...so i was just wondering if they are endangered or rare or something....