PDA

View Full Version : question

BreaksBabe
03-03-03, 10:10 PM
my female burm has spent the last 4 days in her water. she doesnt move from it. and shes not starting to shed at all. should i be concerned?

J_Riley
03-04-03, 07:38 AM
Have you checked for the presence of mites? That's a possibility when snakes soak for a long duration...

What are the temps and more importantly, the humidity in her enclosure?

jason h
03-04-03, 07:15 PM
burms love water i wouldnt worry to much

snakemann87
03-04-03, 07:41 PM
has she recently fed? i know my burm sits in his water bowl until he goes "potty" in it. Shedding could also be the reason. But definately check out what J_Riley said.

BreaksBabe
03-04-03, 08:07 PM
85-88F during the day and 78-80F during the night time. during the ay she has a heat lamp one side thats on for around 10hrs a day and at night theres an undertank heating pad kept on low so it never gets too cold for her. since her temp cage is a glass tank with a screen top it doesnt hold humidity too well so i mist her 1-2 times a day and omce a week i put her in the tub to soak. ive checked her for mites a few times recently b/c i thought that might be the problem but i couldnt find any. im just wondering if i should take her for a check up at the vet. and no she hasnt fed lately. its been about a week

snakemann87
03-04-03, 08:11 PM
hhhmmm. It could very well just be her trying to shed. Do you have a humidty gauge? that would help alot

BreaksBabe
03-04-03, 08:20 PM
no b/c the tank i have wont hold the humidity. thats why i mist her everyday and soak her. and i KNOW shes not shedding yet. :-/.

i need to take her in for a check up anyways so maybe ill just talk to the vet when i go

Xetox
03-04-03, 08:27 PM
I would not worry to much yet, like someone said and I dont feel like scrolling up to see who ;) but burms love to soak!

snakemann87
03-05-03, 03:16 PM
i know mine does, right before his nightly stroll around the cage, he takes a 5 minute night swim:). Hows it going with the burm BreaksBabe? Can we get an update:)

BreaksBabe
03-05-03, 06:33 PM
ya shes out of the water finally. :D