PDA

View Full Version : 15 gallon "PIC"

Simon R. Sansom
03-01-03, 06:07 AM
Hi Folks,
I just wanted to show a pic of my little 15 gallon community tank. This aquarium contains 0.0.4 Lemon Tetras, 0.0.1 red-Eyed Tetra, 0.0.1 Emperor Tetra and a single Corydoras schultzi, and has silk plants and one live sword-plant that's actually growing!
I used to to keep a LOT of fish when I was much younger, but kind of drifted away from the hobby in my mid-teens.
Sorry the pic is so blurry, and my water's just clearing up after a major contamination (my little grand-daughter decided that seven small fish would enjoy TWO FULL CANS of flake food for breakfast, LOL!). No harm done - just lot's of water changes!
http://64.49.221.207/pix/simonsansom/710932picture.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Simon

PetCrazy
03-02-03, 02:07 PM
Woohoo LEMON TETRAS!!
I quite like those fish, I find they are looked over all too often by most aquarists when they go "fish hunting" since quite often in pet stores they don't show their nice coloring.

Atta go on the great taste, nice schultzi btw.

Youkai
03-02-03, 02:46 PM
We've got a bunch of lemon tetras at work, and I'm always surprised more people don't want them. They're bright freaking yellow!! It's like silvertip tetras. Have you seen those colored up? Bright, deep orange. You just have to set them up right. A nice planted tank, with lots of wood, soft warm water. I think we have a pH of like...less then 6 in the display tank they are in. They colored up in a week or so, and just look amazing!
Blue tetras are another one. Those are awsome colored up.

Shane Tesser
03-03-03, 08:58 AM
I keep lemons...and i think the key to them is the dark green background of plants...makes their colours amazing. Also, diamond tetras, ive alway been surprised they arent alot more popular...again...against a dark back drop they are amazing.

Simon R. Sansom
03-05-03, 04:27 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind comments on my little set-up.
I've been crazy about Lemon Tets since I was a kid and saw some in a beautiful display tank in dealers' shop. I can remember walking all the way to the shop one day (in the dead of winter) to purchase a group of ten, and then walking back home again with the bag tucked safely inside my parka. I kept them in a 29 gallon "tall" aquarium with a couple of Cory's, if I recall. Every now and again I'd find a little baby Lemon hiding in the plants!
The black and yellow markings on their dorsal and anal fins are just great. And what about the subtle colouration on the trailing edge of the caudal fin? I can't even tell EXACTLY what colour it is...sometimes it seems yellowish, and other times I'd swear it's powder-blue.

Simon