PDA

View Full Version : 180 Gallon Tank

burnham187
02-28-03, 10:59 PM
I was wondering if anyone could let me know of some sites for good priced 180 Gallon glass tanks. I am not looking for a complete aquarium setup for fish but just the cage alone. The reason being is it is for a snake. I have searched many sites but have found mainly complete setups which of course brings up the price. Also is $300 good for a 180 Gallon that measures "72x"24x"24??

Wu-Gwei
03-01-03, 09:02 PM
I was at petsmart today and they had 125 gallons for $499 (tank only).

I think $300 for 180 is great. If you don't want it, I'll take it. LOL

Cheers,
JJ

sSNAKESs.com
03-02-03, 08:58 AM
Keep in mind burnham is in Texas and you are in Ottawa Wu-gwei...so im thinking that the prices would be similar. There is alot of companies in the U.s. that sell tanks at a buck a gallon...i think you will just have to find one in your area :D

homebrewed
03-02-03, 12:07 PM
If its just going to be used dry for a snake, check around your town for someone that custom makes tanks. You could get it made with the same dimensions, but go with thinner glass which would save you a good deal of $$$.
Just check in at fish stores to see if they know of anyone who does that sort of work (alot of places around here will do a custome job)

Just a thought

Wu-Gwei
03-03-03, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Jeff
Keep in mind burnham is in Texas and you are in Ottawa Wu-gwei...so im thinking that the prices would be similar. There is alot of companies in the U.s. that sell tanks at a buck a gallon...i think you will just have to find one in your area :D

I am still new to the forums, so I did not see her location. Oooops. I was all excited at a 180 gallons for $300.... I take that back. It's not that cheap. :D

Cheers,
JJ;)