PDA

View Full Version : Just asking some questions

watermonitorman
02-28-03, 07:07 PM
I was always fasinated with theses snakes. But never really plan on getting one. I just wanted to know how you can tell the diffence between a male or female by just looking at them when there young. And can you tell if one is going to get huge when it is young too thanks :D

The_Snake_King
02-28-03, 07:44 PM
There is no way to tell the sex by just looking at it when it is young. There is a way, and that is to probe it. This is done only by experienced snake keepers as it can hurt the snake if it is done incorrectly.

The size basically depends on the type of snake you are looking at. A corn snake generally gets about 4 1/2 to 6 feet long while a Burmese can reach a length of over 18 feet.

The_Omen
02-28-03, 08:47 PM
They can also be 'popped' by an experienced person with a good degree of accuracy on sexing.

Since this is in giant pythons , yet no specific snake was mentioned, which pythons are you curious about?

ReptileX
03-01-03, 10:25 AM
this is a question to add to the origenial....it is said by people that if the tail starting from the rectum is longer and less fat it is suggested to be a male (now thats in a few not including balls or bloods).. is this a true statement to base an assumption on???
Ryan

BurmBaroness
03-01-03, 12:54 PM
I have seen females with a tial that looked like a male, and vice versa. The only way to be sure is for someone experienced to probe the snake