PDA

View Full Version : Restless boa

richardhind
02-19-17, 07:42 AM
Hi therita
My first time I've bred my boas and my six year old female Is due 17march which is 105 days from her last shed,she's been pretty much cooking constantly but this last week in between she's roaming like anything,moving her hides and water bowl about,sounds like she's moving house from down stairs,thought we was being broken into the other night as it was so loud,lol
Anyway is this normal behaviour is she just
Looking for a nest site or something,I've tried with a rat weener but not interested ,any advise be
Appreciated
Cheers rich

Andy_G
02-19-17, 08:20 AM
It's part of nesting behaviour and totally normal. I would advise against feeding at this point as well.

richardhind
02-19-17, 08:45 AM
Thanks Andy I wondered wether it was because she was hungry or nesting. Behaviour,she not eaten for the past two weeks and even then it was only something small compared to her normal
Much appreciated

Andy_G
02-19-17, 10:10 AM
Usually it's best to hold off feeding pregnant boas about 60 days after the POS. Sometimes pushing food through the system can cause issues with early birth. Everything sounds like it's right on track, Richard. I'm excited for you buddy!

richardhind
02-19-17, 10:38 AM
Thanks Andy I had heard about not feeding in the last six weeks due to premature labour,thanks for all your help,I'm excited too
Cheers rich