PDA

View Full Version : frilled dragon project questions

Nicky
05-16-02, 06:28 AM
Hey everyone were doing a project in school and I need some info on frilled dragons thers olny 2 questions that info sites never answer could you guys help? ok 1) what are some of the frilled dragon's cousins?(I thought it was the bearded dragon but when I compared ther latin names they weren't very much alike)
2) do dragons live in new guyanna or australlia? are they diffrent species or just simply living in 2 places?

jason h
05-16-02, 07:22 AM
hi Niky actually you are right the frillys and bearded dragons AND the uromastyx are all relatives belonging to the family" Agamidae"
as for your otheer question they come from both places there is just a variation in colour i believe. hope this helps.

Nicky
05-17-02, 06:54 AM
thank you so much that really helps I couldn't find that anywhere thankyou:D :D :D :D

norman
03-21-03, 03:02 PM
im assuming that you meant to say new guinea right? I think the Australian frilleds are bigger and i have seen very nice australian ones. But they are far harder to find.

Katatonic
03-24-03, 05:32 PM
They are related along the lines of evolution (beardies, uros, frilleds), and they come both from New Guinea and Australia, as well as a number of the smaller islands surrounding Australia.
I wish you best of luck with your project, shoot for an "A+".
Frilleds are beautiful animals and I hope your teacher realizes that, rather then ignoring you, picking his elbow like my teacher did during a past herp presentation I did in school.

LATER.

Nicky
03-25-03, 06:51 PM
thx yo i got a 87% which is like an A i think lol thx all for your help:) you guys r life savers thx all foir the help