PDA

View Full Version : RIP... Ruckus..

sSNAKESs.com
02-25-03, 11:57 AM
Well my baby black throat that i had been inquiring about passed away about 10 minutes ago... This is the second animal i have ever had die on me and it is eating me up thinking about what i did wrong.. or what i could have done to save him, but i think i did everything i could for him.. well i hope, anyways... He didnt eat since friday and he got swollen in his mid section and his tail was about "======" skinny. He pooped out what looked to be a worm about " - " big white and moving in a watery stool. So i am pretty sure he surcame to the worms...

RIP Ruckus... You will be missed! :(

doenoe
02-25-03, 12:14 PM
Sorry to hear about you loss.

Big Mike
02-25-03, 12:26 PM
That's too bad...it sounded like you really did all you could for him. I guess it gives us an appreciation for those who do keep these kinds of animals.

My Condolences

BoidKeeper
02-25-03, 12:32 PM
Sorry Jeff:( I'm sure you did everything you could.
Chin up bud,
Trevor

Tim_Cranwill
02-25-03, 12:43 PM
I'm sorry for both of you Jeff and Ruckus. :(

asphyxia
02-25-03, 12:52 PM
Dam, sorry to hear that Jeff

So when are you the new one, maybe a bit older?

Thanks
Brian

sSNAKESs.com
02-25-03, 12:54 PM
this has left a sour taste in my mouth as to buying wild caught stuff... I mean it only lived, rather survived in my care for 2 weeks, so it has kind of turned me off of them altogether... From now on its Captive Bred or nothing for me, so untill i can get something CB i dont think i will be getting anything.

asphyxia
02-25-03, 01:12 PM
Fair enough Jeff

Brian

sSNAKESs.com
02-25-03, 01:36 PM
Thanks everyone tho for the kind words.. There is no worse feeling in the world then that of having to pick up something that has passed... But it happens! :)

Rebecca
02-25-03, 01:37 PM
Sorry about your monitor.

Linds
02-25-03, 02:22 PM
So sorry for your loss, he was a beautiful little guy. Unfortunately with many WC's its too late right from the get go, and being in your care for such a short period of time, you know he had been fighting this problem much longer, it wasn't your fault. Hopefully one day CB monitors will be more available.......

corr
02-25-03, 02:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Jeff. :( Don't get discouraged bud!

Trace
02-25-03, 03:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences Jeff.

Trace

Matt
02-25-03, 03:11 PM
Im sure you did everything you could Jeff, sometimes it just happens with WC.
Im sorry about your loss man!

Dom
02-25-03, 03:12 PM
***** that sucks Jeff - Real sorry ..

Beleive me - I know the way u feel as my black throat died as well but after about 4 weeks..

Take care

eyespy
02-25-03, 03:57 PM
I'm deeply sorry for your loss. This problem just illustrates the importance of quarantine. If the exporters who take these beautiful creatures from the wild would just hold them in a quarantine pen for 3 months, many of these parasite problems would never bloom due to the stress of capture and then immediate shipping. But that would cost them money, and it is almost never done.

Don't beat yourself up, I doubt you did anything that caused or hastened his passing. This poor guy was a victim of "cost effectiveness".

norman
02-25-03, 06:40 PM
Jeff, we're sooo sorry. We'd be heartbroken if any of our babies died.

marisa
02-25-03, 06:53 PM
Jeff-
Sorry to hear about your Moniter. That is so sad. But I totally know what you mean by turning you off to WC. When my WC Amazon Tree Boa died, it was the last time I will ever EVER again think about buying WC.

Its to much pain thats not worth it for both human and animal.

Marisa

KaHane
02-25-03, 07:36 PM
Hey Jeff, We are deeply sorry to hear about your loss man.
KaHane&Helana

ReneeB
02-25-03, 08:31 PM
Jeff, {{HUGS}}
yes I'm crying even more now..

Matt_K
02-25-03, 09:17 PM
again, sorry for the loss bro..

honduranfreekk
02-25-03, 11:21 PM
I am sooooo sory 2 hear that Jeff :(