PDA

View Full Version : Regurg! What does it look like

Blueeheeler
02-23-03, 04:13 PM
I fed my BCI on Friday morning and had her outside for a little exercise and I went to pick her up and this brown sugar colored thick liquid came out of her mouth. Is this considered regurg? Or something else all together? All advice is welcomed and any Ideas too! Thanks Jamie/Blueeheeler

zouleous
02-23-03, 11:11 PM
Not sure what it is. I'm not sure if you're saying you fed her and then had her out later. If you did, that's not a good idea. After a snake eats it needs to start digesting in peace. Moving the snake around only promotes regurgitation. If I read that wrong then just disregard this post...

Z

Lisa
02-23-03, 11:49 PM
sounds like you almost had a regurge. First the snake dribbles a little then out comes a 1/2 digested rat. It's not pretty. It smells even worse.

Blueeheeler
02-24-03, 09:23 AM
Thanks for you info...As to "Z" I'm sorry I didn't make it clear on the time frame...She ate on Fri and I had her out for exercise on Sunday...The 2 day rule. Sorry for the confusion.:confused:
Well I am glad to find out that it was just gut flora :)and that I should give her more time to digest her meals.Jamie/Blueeheeler :thumbsup:

Lisa
03-01-03, 08:51 PM
our bcc is at the point where we feed her once every 2 weeks, takes her a while to digest too. 2 days isn't enough, we found that out the hard way.