PDA

View Full Version : Breeding

BreaksBabe
02-21-03, 10:01 PM
I want to breed my female Burmese next yr when she turns 2. now i have a question. its ok to breed her with an Albino isnt it? and does anyone know what the result of this would be?

Tim_Cranwill
02-21-03, 10:07 PM
That would be fine. What you'd get as a result is all of your babies would look normal but would be 100% het for albino. Which is to say, they are carriers of the gene but do not show the trait. If you were to breed two of the 100% het offspring to eachother, you get 25% albinos, 25% normals and 50% hets.

Have you researched what type of market there is in your area for large pythons? You may end up having to find homes for 30 baby burms or house them and feed them yourself. Just a thought.

Good luck. :)

BreaksBabe
02-21-03, 10:23 PM
ops wrong thread

BurmBaroness
02-24-03, 11:03 AM
No offense, but WHY would you want to breed a burmese python?? There are thousands of burms in rescues already, with more coming in every day. Seems a shame to put more out there when there are not enough homes for the ones already in the population. They are getting sent to rescues, dumped out in the woods, and put down because there are just not enough homes for them. Just my opinion.