PDA

View Full Version : October Photo Contest DISCUSSION

Pareeeee
10-03-15, 08:49 PM
All discussion of photos and chit-chat about the October Photo Contest should go here!

Congrats to Charis for winning the last photo contest! Charis has proposed this as October's theme:

Brown Herps - Let's see how pretty the "drab" ones actually are!

RAD House
10-09-15, 03:37 PM
There are sure some pretty brownies in here. I am not trying to criticize in anyway but only make a suggestion. If it is not too much work for the moderators or undue competition to Charis's contest could I suggest that we do two this month? Halloween is my second favorite holiday as I have a dark aesthetic. I have a feeling more people than not that own snakes can relate to this. Also if snakes had a Holliday that was for them I can not help that it would Halloween. Hence how about a Halloween theme contest? I could also start my own thread about this but I don't want to step on people's feet.

reptiledude987
10-09-15, 03:51 PM
There are sure some pretty brownies in here. I am not trying to criticize in anyway but only make a suggestion. If it is not too much work for the moderators or undue competition to Charis's contest could I suggest that we do two this month? Halloween is my second favorite holiday as I have a dark aesthetic. I have a feeling more people than not that own snakes can relate to this. Also if snakes had a Holliday that was for them I can not help that it would Halloween. Hence how about a Halloween theme contest? I could also start my own thread about this but I don't want to step on people's feet.

Win the contest and the next one will be whatever you want. I love halloween as well and would be all over the idea.

Charis
10-09-15, 04:47 PM
I really don't care if anyone wants to do a Halloween themed photo thread and or official photo contest. Won't hurt my feelings. Don't think you'd have to get any kind of permission to start a Halloween themed photo thread, maybe in General Discussion? Wouldn't have an official winner with the winning picture being put on the front page but people might still have a lot of fun with it. Not a mod, so can't speak to whether two contests could be done this month ...

I'll admit that, based on the time of year, a Halloween theme occurred to me. But #1, I have religious reasons to neither celebrate nor like that holiday, though I don't object to others doing so. However, that makes it one that I didn't want to suggest or participate in. And #2, I figured that's also the theme that is probably always suggested at this month, so it's been very much done.
Those are just my reasons for not picking that as the theme. But, as said, I don't care if anyone wants to start one of their own ...

Pareeeee
10-09-15, 08:40 PM

I'm sorry to say that having two contests running at the same time could cause some issues. I think it's best we leave it the way it is. We only have space for one winning photo on the front page anyway.

I don't have any problem with you making a Halloween photo thread, however. :)

RAD House
10-10-15, 10:58 AM
Thanks Charis and Pareeeee, I will start a thread once I get a good picture. If someone is more motivated than me and wants to start it sooner, I have no issues with this.

Win the contest and the next one will be whatever you want. I love halloween as well and would be all over the idea.
Two problems. First it would be after the fact and lose some of its appeal. Secondly I do not own a snake that is brown or even has brown in it.

reptiledude987
10-10-15, 11:17 AM
Two problems. First it would be after the fact and lose some of its appeal. Secondly I do not own a snake that is brown or even has brown in it.

Well I guess its time to go shopping for a new snake so you can participate lol :yes:

RAD House
10-11-15, 12:45 AM
Well I guess its time to go shopping for a new snake so you can participate lol :yes:

But brown snakes seem to be so needy.

Georgia
10-16-15, 10:31 PM
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j424/georgiagrower/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20150925_21_39_41_Pro_1.jpg (http://s1085.photobucket.com/user/georgiagrower/media/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20150925_21_39_41_Pro_1.jpg.html)