PDA

View Full Version : Mealworms beetles??

Zoe
02-20-03, 07:35 PM
What is the difference between the brown ones and black ones?

And how come they can't stand upright??? They are always on their backs!!! lol...

Thanks,
Zoe

Edwin
02-20-03, 07:56 PM
I don't know the difference, but can they be used as food as well?

Pixie
02-20-03, 09:24 PM
I'm not 100% sure but I think the brown beetles are newer/younger morphed. They turn black in a few days. Makes sense like most insects that shed their exoskeletons, they're always lighter and softer at first and then they darken and harden up.

Matt_K
02-20-03, 09:45 PM
i've noticed the on their backs thing too.. It kinda bugs me cause im the type to sit there and flip em all back over.. :rolleyes:

snakedude_03
02-20-03, 09:49 PM
yea.. the brown ones are the newly morphed ones or soemthing like that.. and my bettles usually are on their feet..:P

nouserpif
02-21-03, 10:23 AM
Yep, you got it, the brown ones are "newer" than the black ones. They go from white, to a creamy colour, to a mahogany colour, to jet black. I sometimes use my beetles for food, but they do have a hard shell...
Dan Conner

Linds
02-21-03, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by Matt_K
i've noticed the on their backs thing too.. It kinda bugs me cause im the type to sit there and flip em all back over.. :rolleyes:

LOL! Sucker ;)

Lisa
02-21-03, 03:44 PM

Do you fix messy displays in stores too? :)

Rebecca
02-21-03, 04:19 PM
Wonder why they can't seem to stay on their feet?? Maybe their closet drinkers ;)

ReptileHQ
02-21-03, 04:24 PM
My box turtles love both the regular mealworm beetles and the superworm beetles...but most herps won't touch them

Chris

Matt_K
02-21-03, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Linds
LOL! Sucker ;)

I dont think its very funny :( sitting there flipping over 100's of beetles only to realize the first 25 that i flipped over are on their backs again, its pretty annoying and it seems like it never ends :(

KRYSTA
02-22-03, 12:46 AM
i know what ya mean about having to flip them over. you get into the 100's like that and the first few you flipped upright are upside down again. i could just end up sitting there flipping them over forever becuz they all go upside down again anywayz...lol:(

Linds
02-23-03, 11:38 AM
I dont think its very funny :( sitting there flipping over 100's of beetles only to realize the first 25 that i flipped over are on their backs again, its pretty annoying and it seems like it never ends :(

LOL poor Matt ;) I can just envision the whole thing...