PDA

View Full Version : June Photo Contest DISCUSSION Thread

Pareeeee
06-02-15, 04:00 PM
All discussion of photos and chit-chat about the May photo contest should go here!

June's photo contest theme is "Before & After" : Each person submits TWO photos (or two combined) that fit the theme. Could be growth related, or anything else that is before and after (enclosures, feeding, shedding, etc).

Don't worry if you don't know how to combine photos. I have the software for that and am willing to combine them for the winning entry (since there's only space for one photo on the home page).

Pareeeee
06-02-15, 04:03 PM
Normally it's approximately 3 weeks for submission, but I will be on vacation during the 3rd week so you guys have a bit more time to come up with photos this month!

Sylphie
06-03-15, 01:07 AM
I have a question: you can't photoshop the pics ofc, but can you combine them nicely in this program?
And btw, great theme!

Pareeeee
06-03-15, 06:49 AM
Yes. This month's contest you are allowed to combine two photos as one. The software you use to do this doesn't matter.

Adding anything to the photos - such as borders, frames, etc. - or any form of photomanipulation is not permitted (other than minor contrast/brightness/saturation adjustments).

eminart
06-10-15, 12:57 PM
Apparently I made the contest too difficult. Only two entries so far. Come on, guys, let's see what you've got! We're not necessarily looking for before and after photos that show your snake young and older. Any kind of before and after will work.

Sylphie
06-10-15, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about pics from feeding, but decided on growth rate :D

And personally I think that it's great theme, let's go all!

eminart
06-10-15, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about pics from feeding, but decided on growth rate :D

Growth rate works great. I just thought maybe some people might not have had their snakes long enough to get a lot of growth photos.

Rattlehead
06-10-15, 03:32 PM
I'll do my upload when my milk sheds, pretty soon :bouncy:

Pogie
06-11-15, 03:01 PM
Growth rate works great. I just thought maybe some people might not have had their snakes long enough to get a lot of growth photos.

That would be me lol. I've been trying to figure out what I could do, still thinking on it :)

havoc_vulture
06-11-15, 11:24 PM
Where do I send it? First time trying this lol

eminart
06-12-15, 04:45 AM
Where do I send it? First time trying this lol

Post it in the other thread (June Photo Contest) in this same subforum.

AlexCrazy
06-13-15, 08:39 PM
how do you vote? i would like to vote. I would compete.. but i don't have a snake.. i had one.. but just for a week and a half.. i had to let it go.. sorry @eminart.. ha ha i think its a great theme.. people just need to get creative!

AlexCrazy
06-13-15, 08:41 PM
you know what! i will post a entry! :D can i still vote for another photo? :)

Pareeeee
06-15-15, 11:14 AM
Alex, you can only vote after the submission period is over :)

AlexCrazy
06-16-15, 02:50 PM
Okay... thanks... :) there are some asome pics... good luck to everyone :) may the best photo win :D

grantlapaz
06-16-15, 03:47 PM
Will post for sure.. feeding soon!

sophiedufort
07-10-15, 08:15 PM
June contest is over. What about July?