PDA

View Full Version : New here, have a few questions.

MosesT
05-17-15, 12:03 PM
Hello everyone! My name is Moses, I'm always been into reptiles my whole life, especially when I was a teenager. People used to call my house a zoo because I had so many pets haha :D Since then, I've been gong to college and had to get rid of most of my critters :( All I have left is a marine coral reef aquarium and a pet goose. Bet recently, I got bit by the snake bug and really want to get myself a snake after handling my friends Boa lol After much reading and research, I've decided to go with the Hognose since from what I read, they have one of the most interesting and fun personality/character hehe :) I'd like to do a bit more research before I bite the bullet and get myself a snake. I've been seeing a lot of Hognose that are HET, POS, etc What exactly does this mean? How do I know how large a snake is when they are mentioned in grams? lol

SerpentSteve
05-25-15, 09:08 PM
HET = Heterozygous, as in it carries a gene but does not express ot (albino, toffee belly, hypo, etc)
POS = Possible het

As far as knowing the length of the snake, ask the seller. Or you could google "XXg hognose" and that'll give you a general (key word) idea of length. Not all snakes are the same, and they can all vary greatly in growth rates and weight vs length ratios.