PDA

View Full Version : How to keep my new snake from escaping.

Kakseen
05-05-15, 08:43 PM
Hey guys, I just got a new snake yesterday and found myself feeling paranoid about her escaping and eating my small dogs. She's a ball python and I know snakes are escape artists. What is the best way to secure my snakes cage so that I know she's not going to get out and eat my other babies. Am I beibg ridiculous here? Thank you for helping!

jossh27
05-07-15, 07:32 PM
Nobodyis has touched this so ill give my opinion and thoughts

What kind of enclosure/cage is it housed in? If a tank what do you have as a lid? And as far as i know ball pythons couldnt eat your dog... Unless maybe it is a newborn Chihuahua?

eminart
05-07-15, 07:47 PM
Most people can't seem to get BP's to eat food that's appropriately sized. I don't think your dogs are in danger. ;)

But, seriously, if you have a lid or doors that latch, you should be fine. As long as you aren't doing like I did as a kid back in the 80's and using a checkerboard with some books on top of it as a lid for a tank, you shouldn't have to worry.

Albert Clark
05-08-15, 04:06 PM
Hi, it's your responsibility to make sure the enclosure is secured. Period. All enclosures come with some form of securing device. Clips, locks, pins etc. If you think you will have a problem remembering to secure the enclosure then make a sign and tape it above the enclosure. It can be something very simple like " DID YOU LOCK THE TANK". Use a red marker to write it and place it where you will always see it.